Worst Boss You Ever Had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

completely agree mate, rank and embarrassing going to a strip club.
Logon or register to see this image

:lol:

If you just so happen to stumble into a strip club on a night out, I guess that's one of the hazards of alcohol. ;)

I guess if boss was paying me to have a look in, it would be a little disingenuous to say no. :D

But when said strip club turned out to be a brothel, then I would definitely have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early 90's I was working at a place where one of the blokes was from mixed parentage. Constantly moaned on he never got anywhere 'coz he wuz black'.

He got given a team leaders job after much arse licking and turned into an absolute nightmare immediately. He genuinely thought that because he was a team leader people should 'show him the respect he deserved'.

Anyway, there was a bloke who was employed to make tea's, keep the bait cabin tidy, general run around type. Canny bloke.

One day, I'm walking towards the bait cabin and there's an ambulance and copper car outside. The TL gets carted off with his face covered in bandages, the cabin bloke gets shoved in the copper car.

Apparently, the TL had went into the cabin at bait time and said some of the lads had been sent to another site so wouldn't be here, the cabin bloke says something like 'I wish you had said I wouldn't have made their tea'

The TL starts tearing strips off the cabin bloke....'I've got more important things to do than tell you about cups of tea', 'who are you to tell me', etc

So the cabin bloke picked a handful of cups up by the handles, flung the tea on the cabin floor and smashed the cups into the blokes face.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Had one or two.

In the army, a WO1(ASM), made it very very clear that it was his intention to get me out. Threatened me with a court martial because of a mistake I made on a fuel claim, knowing full well my application to join the police was going through. Gave me extra duties just because he could. In the end there was only ever going to be one winner and it wasn’t going to be me. I left.
And my last boss was a cow as well. She put me on a report because I gave a member of my team two hours off without her specific authority. With her though, I had no problems being told if I’ve done something wrong, what I objected to was her double standards. I get put on a report, yet when she wanted one of her friends to go on a hen night with her a couple of months ago and leaving my team short of a supervisor and directly contravening leave policy, on a busy Saturday night, then apparently that’s fine. She’s gone now anyway so I don’t have to look at her and be nice anymore!

Clashed with one absolute bell end a few years ago.. He was 23, obviously a clever lad but without the life experiences or life skills to manage people..

He's still at the firm, they've moved him into a project role where he has no staff.. He's a horrible sly little fucker, tells blatant lies to cover his arse and blames anyone but himself for problems...
I'd called him out on a few things and made him look a bit silly, not intentionally to wind him up but because what he was saying was wrong..
My daughter took bad during his tenure, had to have open heart surgery.. Everyday it seemed we were getting more bad news , he rang me one Friday morning to announce the gear he'd promised to get so I could get work done the following week was still in Yorkshire.. Then had a go at me for arranging the work when I didn't have the gear.. We had a proper row, and with everything going on at home as well, I flipped.. So I rang him back, told him I'm going home sick with stress, rang the work control and told the same.. Went home, few days later daughter taken into hospital.. Told more intrusive surgery required than first thought.. Then I'm told I'm to be disciplined by this little (unt for abondoning my duties .. And he started the ball rolling immediately. So my little girl is seriously ill in hospital, and he's got me in fact finding interviews etc.. That's the measure of the bloke... I caught him and his puppet master out with so many lies during that time.. If I hadn't had so much other stuff going on if of followed it up but the bairn was more important...
Big believer that you always see your day with people.. I've promised both myself and that little prick that I'll see my day..

Had a boss who was an evil bastard and made my life a nightmare for 2 years.

I had a vacancy on my team in Cambridge and interviewed a fella from Hebburn. I liked him but my boss wasn’t sure...I pointed out that it was me that he would be working for and agreed to offer him the job. The lad from Hebburn sold his house and put a deposit down on a flat in Cambourne. He was due to start on the Monday but the Friday before my boss rang me and asked me whether I wanted to hear the good news or the bad news first...the bad news was that he had outsourced the job to India and I had to tell the lad from Hebburn...the good news was that his missus had found these lovely blueberry and white chocolate cookies at M&S
That was a quick sale on his house

had an arsehole gaffer who was always on the lads backs (from Sunderland as well, I thowt hed be alreet) only a gaffer cos his father in law was the owner, he didnt know shit from clay regarding the job . one day he"s givin it the "can you not sweep up while the machines running" routine ...trying to show off in front of his father in law, ordering the lads about as if hes a SS major , he shouts "how, I want them parts ready in 2 hours ,theres transport booked for them , if they don't arrive in time we"ll get fined for a line stop" ............. he came back to a pile of un-machined parts , an emergency stop button in, and my hard hat swinging in the breeze....stick ya job up ya arse ya daft twat !

Old manager of mine threatened to sack one of me colleagues for having his hands in his pockets, he was out with his big bosses so clearly showing off.

"SRG, is the [thing] done yet?"
"No, but it'll be done a lot faster if you stop asking me every two minutes"

Didn't go down well with her but everyone else thought I was a legend. :cool:
I got reprimanded for telling mine to f..k off at the end of one session. Never went any further, but later that year a bloke put in a bullying complaint, and it was withheld. She was demoted, and told she couldn’t manage staff for two years. I quietly smirked over that. As you say, she was fine if met socially, just a nutter to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back