Worst Boss You Ever Had?

CatRyan

Striker
I've had a few horrors... one was a landlady in a pub I worked in and she would kick me in the ankles all the time while I was pulling pints.
I had another boss who would randomly move my deadlines without telling me and then give me 3 days to do a month's work.
When I nannied I had one family that expected me to clean their house for them on top.

I've had a few horrors... one was a landlady in a pub I worked in and she would kick me in the ankles all the time while I was pulling pints.
I had another boss who would randomly move my deadlines without telling me and then give me 3 days to do a month's work.
When I nannied I had one family that expected me to clean their house for them on top.
An instructor full screw during basic training, proper sadistic, evil **** from Dumfries. Hard as fcuking nails as well.

Had a boss who was an evil bastard and made my life a nightmare for 2 years.

I had a vacancy on my team in Cambridge and interviewed a fella from Hebburn. I liked him but my boss wasn’t sure...I pointed out that it was me that he would be working for and agreed to offer him the job. The lad from Hebburn sold his house and put a deposit down on a flat in Cambourne. He was due to start on the Monday but the Friday before my boss rang me and asked me whether I wanted to hear the good news or the bad news first...the bad news was that he had outsourced the job to India and I had to tell the lad from Hebburn...the good news was that his missus had found these lovely blueberry and white chocolate cookies at M&S

I had one who used to sit and play games on his computer while we were working, would properly go off it when he got beat, picking the keyboard up and smashing it about. We had a partnership with another guy for a bit to do some software development work, but even he reached a point it wasn't worth it and they had a massive argument in front of the 3 of us who worked there before he fucked off, never to be seen again. The boss would just shout and rant all the time and screamed at a customer to fuck off down the phone.

Mind, now I think about it, it was pretty funny.

I'll wait till this thread is moved to Parsnip before I unleash my thoughts.

Only ever had one and she was put on gardening leave by the local authority after staff voted unanimously to strike over her running of the place.

She was given a golden goodbye package to leave the place.

She was nuts.

She got a year 7 kid to crawl into one of those sealed off paper recycle bins to retrieve a document she had put into the paper bin.

One that would micro manage.

Was a f***ing nightmare, would take half a day to do a half hour job because she'd want constant updates.

Really liked her as a person, pain in the arse as a boss though

My last boss was appointed on November 1st last year. I never heard a word from her till the end of January after which she called me twice a week, corrected my grammar (wrongly) in an internal casual e-mail to a co-worker that I copied her in as a courtesy, and asked me to report my arrival and leaving times when I’m out on a job site. I left in March. Stupid bitch.

My last boss was appointed on November 1st last year. I never heard a word from her till the end of January after which she called me twice a week, corrected my grammar (incorrectly) in an internal casual e-mail to a co-worker that I copied her in as a courtesy, and asked me to report my arrival and leaving times when I’m out on a job site. I left in March. Stupid bitch.
Tidied.

Back