World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Im gone, guild is destroyed although we still meet up for drinking. Loss of 40 man raiding was bad, then epic became synonymous with standard, then everyone could switch roles so there was no sacrifice in choosing a build, then you didnt even have to raid at all to get close to top end gear, they killed off most stats and now everyone is pretty much using the same builds in the same rotation with almost the same gear. They should just replace all item stats with one called "goodness" and all skills with three called "shoot", "hit" and "heal". Looking forward to ESO though:)

Worrying thing is - I've never really played WoW (couldn't get into it) but from other MMOs 99% of this is utterly comprehensible and utterly INcomprehensible to anyone who hasn't played any. Final Fantasy XI was my particular vice till they killed it with the same stat-vomit you're describing.

Yet another WoW thread yet this one's full of ridiculous stereotyped comments that the people who play it are brainwashed/nerds

I am 1 week clean, I have played on it exactly 4 years. Was okay while living student life n shite, but now times are serious with GF and business I've had to give it up. Met some good mates on their had some right laughs. I'm probs the last person in the world you'd expect to play a game like this lol. But then again i didn't like any of the raiding shit, I was pure PVP (battlemaster)
Logon or register to see this image
[DOUBLEPOST=1385217066][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually deleted my chars. All those achs :-(
A GM can put those back in a jiffy and you know it ;):lol:

I play WoW and love it. Fair cop to people who have tried it and it's not their cup'o tea, but those people who haven't even played it and are saying its shit etc etc, how do you know this?
It's fantastic seamless gaming at its best.

I play WoW and love it. Fair cop to people who have tried it and it's not their cup'o tea, but those people who haven't even played it and are saying its shit etc etc, how do you know this?
It's fantastic seamless gaming at its best.
It used to be, in vanilla, or Outlands days. First stepping into Kara, or managing to get a guild run in Black Temple. And the first time you managed to take off on your Gryphon!
Now though, as mentioned earlier, everyone can do everything. Which makes the class system utterly pointless.
I remember having to set aside a full afternoon just to do a tricky dungeon! And my heart sinking when the healer was a Druid because it meant I had to run back when I died :lol:

It used to be, in vanilla, or Outlands days. First stepping into Kara, or managing to get a guild run in Black Temple. And the first time you managed to take off on your Gryphon!
Now though, as mentioned earlier, everyone can do everything. Which makes the class system utterly pointless.
I remember having to set aside a full afternoon just to do a tricky dungeon! And my heart sinking when the healer was a Druid because it meant I had to run back when I died :lol:
There still is things that all people can't do, i.e. raid heroic level, obtain the legendary cloak etc. The whole idea of warcraft is to make the game more accessible to majority of people now. which makes sense in a business side of things, if you have 12 million people playing and only 80% of them cannot reach end game, you're going to lose subscriptions whereas if the majority of people can access end game then you will have a greater amount of the public be 'able' to play. I completely understand the lack of things to aim for argument though!

There still is things that all people can't do, i.e. raid heroic level, obtain the legendary cloak etc. The whole idea of warcraft is to make the game more accessible to majority of people now. which makes sense in a business side of things, if you have 12 million people playing and only 80% of them cannot reach end game, you're going to lose subscriptions whereas if the majority of people can access end game then you will have a greater amount of the public be 'able' to play. I completely understand the lack of things to aim for argument though!
Their revenue last year dropped 54% to the year before.
Apparently they're thinking or making it free to play, and charging for more in game items. Like most apps on phones now.
I remember spending weeks earning a bloody dragon mount! Now you just buy the bastard.
All of the decent guilds left to play other games, now that it's essentially a kids game.
I tried again late last year, and it was awful. I obviously has to evolve. But I just think they took away everything that made the game amazing.
Logon or register to see this image
[DOUBLEPOST=1385217066][/DOUBLEPOST]
A GM can put those back in a jiffy and you know it ;):lol:

If you want Vanilla WoW ff14 is possibly the game for you but you'll quickly find its outdated 'Well it's fun but I've already done this years ago'

What's this like at the minute? I quit days after getting level 90 on my hunter but now I fancy getting my Mage to level 90 and continuing my life-long quest for Ashes of Alar haha

What's this like at the minute? I quit days after getting level 90 on my hunter but now I fancy getting my Mage to level 90 and continuing my life-long quest for Ashes of Alar haha

It's fine but it's dated and repetitive - There's new no extra stuff planned until next expansion release sometime around August so once what you can do is very limited :v

Ive been playing Hearthstone, its f***ing mint.[DOUBLEPOST=1391036479][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's fine but it's dated and repetitive - There's new no extra stuff planned until next expansion release sometime around August so once what you can do is very limited :v
Ive packed it in now like, doubt i'll play WoD either.

Last edited:
I'm on Hearthstone also, a very frustrating but fun game

I'm still playing WoW when there's a movie on just sit back and chill.

What the fuck is it? I know it's supposed to be some sort of on-line world or something, but what exactly do you do on it?

Is it solely used by emos and goths...or do 'normal' people have a dabble?
It's what you do if you don't have a girlfriend or go out.

MrCat had a legendary something and was constantly raiding or something until he went to the pub. Then he met me and never played again :lol:

Hearthstone a great game but frustrating to build a good deck
I agree cant wait for the beta to end and everyone gets wiped. It takes ages for enough gold then when i eventually get into arena i get pummled by fireball mage spam.

Also i hate the fact i have to play a deck i dont like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back