World Down's Syndrome Day

Happy Down Syndrome Day !

Downs kids are brilliant. The adults aren't too shabby either. Richard Dawkins thinks that it's immoral to bring them into the world. I say that we can learn a lot from them.
Richard needs to stop thinking so much and show a little decorum.

Last edited:
Some odd looks in the gym with odd socks on :cool:

I was always in the camp of getting an abortion if I found out the foetus had Down syndrome. However, after watching this BBC documentary I don’t think I could ever do that now.

Wonderful people.

I can’t recommend watching highly enough.

Cracking post. Difficult one tbf mind and wouldn't judge anyone either way. You make the decision before they are here, rather than waiting til they arrive in the world. Not sure Im explaining it well but when you see the kids you think they are class and think "how could I ever have thought about getting rid?" but you wouldn't necessarily think that way before they were born.

I'm in my late 60's to give a time scale to this post and my twin sister, long dead now,was born with horrendous disabilities. Attitudes have shifted massively in my lifetime.The greatest blessing in my life has been those shift ofs attitude to disability and obviously by extension societies attitudes to people living with Down's syndrome.For me it is proof that we are an evolving species and I celebrate our greater awareness.
I have been very touched by some of the stories on this thread and fair play to those who have given thoughtful , empathic, honourable contributions. Now if you willl excuse me I appear to have a bit of grit in my eye.

I'm in my late 60's to give a time scale to this post and my twin sister, long dead now,was born with horrendous disabilities. Attitudes have shifted massively in my lifetime.The greatest blessing in my life has been those shift ofs attitude to disability and obviously by extension societies attitudes to people living with Down's syndrome.For me it is proof that we are an evolving species and I celebrate our greater awareness.
I have been very touched by some of the stories on this thread and fair play to those who have given thoughtful , empathic, honourable contributions. Now if you willl excuse me I appear to have a bit of grit in my eye.

Cracking post.

Back