World-beating test and trace system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

So who gets the blame for not picking up the 46 % infected who don't get tested.

That's 46% of contacts who won't be traced for starters

So who gets the blame for not picking up the 46 % infected who don't get tested.

That's 46% of contacts who won't be traced for starters

Some might blame the lack of a "world beating" test and trace system for a good percentage of those. Lots of people in the UK are fed up of the Government making promises (tests for anyone who wants one) they could never keep. People just can't be bothered any more.

12 billion down the sink.....

At the moment, the tracing part of the system seems to be much improved. The vast majority of people who are testing positive are being reached and providing contacts, though only 60% of those close contacts of confirmed cases are being reached, which could be improved.

The main problem is that it is estimated that there are around 40% of cases that are asymptomatic and the current testing system isn't reaching them. Which is a big flaw, as it means that only about a quarter of contacts of people with the virus are being reached.

The other issue is that it's not clear what proportion of those being advised to self isolate actually are. It was previously estimated to be around one in five properly isolating, but that's a few months out of date. But even if we say it's improved to 50% for arguments sake...that's 50% of 25%, which means only one in eight of all close contacts of people with the virus are self isolating (for whatever reason, including the people with the virus not having been tested). Not great.

Basically they need work hard to improve detection of asymptomatic cases and provide greater incentives to self isolate (and disincentives to not) otherwise the efforts they've made to improve tracing are close to a waste of time.

Test and trace call handlers ‘spent just 1% of their time working’

So efficient they did all the work in 1% of their time.

99% downtime.

70% of contracts not put out to tender.

£22 billion spent on Tory cronies.

Still not performing the promised amount of tests.

"World beating"? :cool:
That picture says a lot too. I know it is outside and you don't have to wear a mask, but I can spot 5 people with them. Two being worn correctly, one round their neck, one nose out and one chin wearer. The chin wearer seems to be like a couple of people I have seen recently. Rather than wear it round down low on their chin, they have it just curling up over their bottom lip. That must be awful and you are putting part of the mask into your mouth. I thought it was a simple thing to wear one, but apparently not.

No questions should be asked of all facets of the response to the pandemic. I don't hang on wanky soundbites like world beating
Report issued by the "Global Health Security Index" in October 2019, ranked 195 countries in their preparedness / ability to handle a pandemic. UK were placed 2nd and the good old US of A 1st. This was a highly regarded report. The GHS is loaded with world leading health professional, scientists, economists etc. So if they cant get it right, who the fcuk can?
The point I am trying to make is that the pandemic is completely unprecedented, its easy to stand on the touchline and hurl abuse at politicians, civil servants etc. Just look at the home nations, four devolved governments, four different responses to the crisis and all about equally ineffective.

Report issued by the "Global Health Security Index" in October 2019, ranked 195 countries in their preparedness / ability to handle a pandemic. UK were placed 2nd and the good old US of A 1st. This was a highly regarded report. The GHS is loaded with world leading health professional, scientists, economists etc. So if they cant get it right, who the fcuk can?
The point I am trying to make is that the pandemic is completely unprecedented, its easy to stand on the touchline and hurl abuse at politicians, civil servants etc. Just look at the home nations, four devolved governments, four different responses to the crisis and all about equally ineffective.

It would be interesting to see how they are ranked now. Lessons learnt?
The GHSI report is about preparedness - this thread is about reacting to the situation.
If you make claims about being "world class" you need to be somewhere in the ballpark when it comes to living up to your promises.
It also helps if you're not shovelling taxpayers' cash into your mates' bank accounts while you spectacularly fail to live up to your own hype.

Doubt they will be in the top 20 in the next report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back