work from home tax re-claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll need to have a word with my manager than I work within HMRC and their guidance states £6 pw

Thats correct , also work for HMRC and they issued guidance that employees could claim £6 per week via expenses so nothing to do with this self assessment thing.BUT most people have actually saved money if they’ve been working at home when you factor in commute savings so your manager should only authorise expense claims if you have had a real increase in costs when saving on commute is factored in - I have authorised two for my team as they live within a stones throw of Benton Park View.

Thats correct , also work for HMRC and they issued guidance that employees could claim £6 per week via expenses so nothing to do with this self assessment thing.BUT most people have actually saved money if they’ve been working at home when you factor in commute savings so your manager should only authorise expense claims if you have had a real increase in costs when saving on commute is factored in - I have authorised two for my team as they live within a stones throw of Benton Park View.

See I live 20 minute walk away from my office in Peterlee so have no travel costs. We were told £6 per week months ago but I asked my manager today and he said the guidance is to do it over gov.uk website. I've messaged him now anyway asking him to re check it, can you let me know where the guidance is that states £6 per week through expenses please?

I've worked from home for a grand total of 2 days, although this is likely to increase in the coming weeks.

Seems mad that I can claim, but I've done it anyway.

See I live 20 minute walk away from my office in Peterlee so have no travel costs. We were told £6 per week months ago but I asked my manager today and he said the guidance is to do it over gov.uk website. I've messaged him now anyway asking him to re check it, can you let me know where the guidance is that states £6 per week through expenses please?
it was an email communication that we got in CDIO I’d be surprised if they had gone rogue and introduced their own scheme and my boss knew about it and agreed I would let team know. I’d pull it up but I’m off sick at the moment - it was on one of the Covid bulletins

it was an email communication that we got in CDIO I’d be surprised if they had gone rogue and introduced their own scheme and my boss knew about it and agreed I would let team know. I’d pull it up but I’m off sick at the moment - it was on one of the Covid bulletins

Brilliant thankyou. It was issued in April or May I think wasn't it?

Do you have to put a claim in every year or does your tax code stay the same year on year, only asking as once claimed for laundering uniforms at home and got paid and back dated but never claimed since, washer going on a lot more due to covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back