Woodgate

Don't be surprised if Pulis comes back here until the end of the season. He and Gibson hold eachother in high regard.

One thing's for sure, if we stick with Woodgate we will go down.

Don't be surprised if Pulis comes back here until the end of the season. He and Gibson hold eachother in high regard.

One thing's for sure, if we stick with Woodgate we will go down.
What’s the issue like? Players not playing for him? Tactics?

What’s the issue like? Players not playing for him? Tactics?

Started off the season 4-3-3 and it left us exposed.

Woodgate has switched to 5-3-2 in recent games and we have looked more solid as a unit, but just can't score goals.

I will cut Woodgate a bit of slack, in the sense that ours strikers have missed sitters in recent games, but something's just not right. We never looked like scoring last week against Fulham who were down to 10 men for 70 minutes.

It doesn't help when he starts our best midfielder McNair at CB, and Saville in midfield who is useless and got himself sent off today.

Last edited:
It’s everyone else fault....but certainly not his that Boro are in relegation trouble...well according to him it is

Started off the season 4-3-3 and it left us exposed.

Woodgate has switched to 5-3-2 in recent games and we have looked more solid as a unit, but just can't score goals.

I will cut Woodgate a bit of slack, in the sense that ours strikers have missed sitters in recent games, but something's just not right. We never looked like scoring last week against Fulham who were down to 10 men for 70 minutes.

It doesn't help when he starts our best midfielder McNair at CB, and Saville in midfield who is useless and got himself sent off today.
Do you think at any point he may be able to turn it around? On paper there are worse teams than yours in that division.

Do you think at any point he may be able to turn it around? On paper there are worse teams than yours in that division.

I'm really not sure. I'm still not sure what the plan is.

Under Pulis, it was horrible to watch, but at least he knew how to get results. This is more or less the same squad as last season, when we finished just one point from the play-offs.

Woodgate started off with good intentions. In the earlier games we tried to play with a high press and get at teams, but he quickly abandoned it and I think he is just lost now and making it up as he goes along.

Back