Woodgate

Started off the season 4-3-3 and it left us exposed.

Woodgate has switched to 5-3-2 in recent games and we have looked more solid as a unit, but just can't score goals.

I will cut Woodgate a bit of slack, in the sense that ours strikers have missed sitters in recent games, but something's just not right. We never looked like scoring last week against Fulham who were down to 10 men for 70 minutes.

It doesn't help when he starts our best midfielder McNair at CB, and Saville in midfield who is useless and got himself sent off today.
Excellent player in that league

Have you been missing us like?
What’s gone wrong? All the problems at the managers door, or have you sold all your best players?

Genuinely curious! Last I looked you were going for promotion with a decent team!?

It hasn't helped that we sold Bamford, Traore and Gibson, and never replaced them.

Pulis made some awful signings. Many say we had no choice but to sell Bamford, as we needed to get a few high earners off the wage bill, but the money we made on Bamford was used to sign George Saville, who has been very poor. It's not as if we didn't reinvest the money into the squad.

One thing I will say about Pulis though, he knew how to get the best out of what he had at his disposal. We have more or less the same squad that finished one point off the play-offs last season, and we now look like relegation candidates.

Last edited:
Have you been missing us like?

It hasn't helped that we sold Bamford, Traore and Gibson, and never replaced them.

Pulis made some awful signings. Many say we had no choice but to sell Bamford, as we needed to get a few high earners off the wage bill, but the money we made on Bamford was used to sign George Saville, who has been very poor. It's not as if we didn't reinvest the money into the squad.

One thing I will say about Pulis though, he knew how to get the best out of what he had at his disposal. We have more or less the same squad that finished one point off the play-offs last season, and we now look like relegation candidates.
Only thing I have ever missed about Boro is being able to stand in the Holgate End taking the piss

Back