Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Going to try and have a go at this with the bairn over the weekend.

Apologies, if it has already been posted but is there an agreed dough recipe and methodology for a complete novice?

Also, do people use a paddle thing to turn and does it need some flour on or something?

its one of them Hacienda stove things if that helps, which the previous owner left. Going to give it a good clean and set it away. got loads of wood logs.
Are you based round Sunderland?
Go to Nico Rossi for frozen sourdough balls. Saves a load of faff on and will probably be better than any dough you can make yourself

Go to Nico Rossi for frozen sourdough balls. Saves a load of faff on and will probably be better than any dough you can make yourself

Yeah Houghton. Will have a look if im going to Morrisons at dalton park to see if they have that pizza sauce (mutti Sp?) Thanks for info

Last edited:
Yeah Houghton. Will have a look if im going to Morrisons at dalton park to see if they have that pizza sauce (mutti Sp?) Thanks for info
Ya don't need to buy pizza sauce. Just blitz and season a tin of plum tomatoes. Ya don't even cook it off.
Had a quick look. I'm not filling the freezer with £30 quid's worth of dough balls. :lol:

Last edited:
Ya don't need to buy pizza sauce. Just blitz and season a tin of plum tomatoes. Ya don't even cook it off.

Had a quick look. I'm not filling the freezer with £30 quid's worth of dough balls. :lol:
I have fresh oregano growing in the garden (thanks to the previous owner) if i blitz a tin of tomatoes with that, some basil, onion powder and garlic powder will it come out the same?

Thanks BTW

I have fresh oregano growing in the garden (thanks to the previous owner) if i blitz a tin of tomatoes with that, some basil, onion powder and garlic powder will it come out the same?

Thanks BTW
I wouldn't even bother with the onion and garlic powder.

Just a little bit of salt and sugar should do. Careful with the likes of oregano/basil as it'll over power it.

Blitz the toms. Add a bit salt and sugar. Get a teaspoon and give it a taste - take it from there.

Look at the ingredients of the Mutti sauce... there's frig all to it. Mutti Classic Pizza Sauce (400g)Default Title

Last edited:

Back