Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

mint that whats the dough recipe ?

i love a garlic bread with cheese on mine ... probs make more of them than pizzas
600g 00 Flour
7g instant yeast
8g Salt
50g Oil
200 ml Warm Water
175 ml Beer (or up to 200 if you want to increase hydration)

Mix the flour & yeast, add the oil, then the water, mix, then the salt, mix then the beer.

Mix till forms like a shaggy dough, then cover & leave for 10 mins

Tip out onto a oiled worktop and do a couple mins of that stretch and folding of the dough, back in the bowl & prove for 90 mins.

Take it out, another few stretch and folds and back in the bowl for another 30 mins

Dough gets a bit sticky but nowt a bit flour on your hands doesn't help with.

Divide into balls (we get 5 200-210g) and prove them for another 30- 45 mins before using them.

Drop them into a bowl of flour before stretching them, and dinnit gan ower thin.

I've tried loads of recipes, but this seems to give the best consistent results if want airy crusts and not having to prep days in advance.

Going to try and have a go at this with the bairn over the weekend.

Apologies, if it has already been posted but is there an agreed dough recipe and methodology for a complete novice?

Also, do people use a paddle thing to turn and does it need some flour on or something?

its one of them Hacienda stove things if that helps, which the previous owner left. Going to give it a good clean and set it away. got loads of wood logs.

Apologies, if it has already been posted but is there an agreed dough recipe and methodology for a complete novice?

Also, do people use a paddle thing to turn and does it need some flour on or something?

its one of them Hacienda stove things if that helps, which the previous owner left. Going to give it a good clean and set it away. got loads of wood logs.
Id recommend a paddle otherwise youll never get it back out or be able to turn it. I also lightly dust the paddle so it slides off. Someone posted not to overload the pizza, thats a top tip otherwise itll come out like roadkill!

Id recommend a paddle otherwise youll never get it back out or be able to turn it. I also lightly dust the paddle so it slides off. Someone posted not to overload the pizza, thats a top tip otherwise itll come out like roadkill!

Thanks appreciated.

Think Im just going to keep it simple for the fist one. that Mutti sauce (if i can find it in morrisons) some mozzarella and some fresh basil.

Last edited:

If ya want tips of burning I’m ya man

Last edited:

Back