Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Stone was at 350 so heat was fine just think left a bit to long between turns and then at end I couldn’t get it out proper and fell into the fire
Don’t think you need to worry about the stone temp. I know with the gas ones, they say to get it to temp and then turn it down when you launch. Maybe wait for the fire to burn down a bit before launching?

Don’t think you need to worry about the stone temp. I know with the gas ones, they say to get it to temp and then turn it down when you launch. Maybe wait for the fire to burn down a bit before launching?
Hmmm the book said launch when stone is at 400 which is was first time and that just incinerated the pizza 😂 trail and error. It’s all edible so not bad.

Hmmm the book said launch when stone is at 400 which is was first time and that just incinerated the pizza 😂 trail and error. It’s all edible so not bad.
It’ll be harder to get used to than a gas one but you’ll get there. Going to make some dough now so we can have pizza tomorrow.
Dough failed that I made yesterday. Put another quick two hour price batch on.

Last edited:
First attempt was pizza express roll dough thing. Second was northern pizza dough ball. Second felt more manageable.
I found with ready made dough to ball it up and let it rise again.

Doesn't seem like the crusts seem to be rising much in your pics especially when the oven is obviously hot enough.

Logon or register to see this image

Slowly getting there. Still not much rise in crusts but less burn age.
Make sure you aren't pushing the air out of the dough when making your base. Basically don't touch the last 2cm or so or press so hard that it knocks the air out. If you do that you'll never get any rise.

And obviously give your dough a solid 48hr proof.

Do that and you shouldn't have any issue with rise. High hydration dough too (but probably start on something a bit lower as the higher hydration it is, the harder it is to handle).

Back