Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

On the topic of sacrilege, I've just gotten a food processor and am planning on knocking up my dough in it tomorrow morning for pizza tomorrow night.

Has anyone used one before to make dough?
I use a classic food mixer with dough hook to get it to a nice point then finish off by hand kneading.

I used my daughter’s food processor to make bread dough which turned out ok, but again finished the kneading by hand.

I use a classic food mixer with dough hook to get it to a nice point then finish off by hand kneading.

I used my daughter’s food processor to make bread dough which turned out ok, but again finished the kneading by hand.
Cheers, thought I was getting a food mixer but turned out it was a processor

I’d probably pulse it just to get the initial mix going then let it stand for a few minutes to autolyse before whizzing it.
Just done some now, makes a big difference only taking about 40 seconds to make.

One thing that always puts me off making pizzas on my Ferrari is actually making the dough.

Think I might get a decent food mixer once I'm back to work and if I get a refund for my holiday.

Just done some now, makes a big difference only taking about 40 seconds to make.

One thing that always puts me off making pizzas on my Ferrari is actually making the dough.

Think I might get a decent food mixer once I'm back to work and if I get a refund for my holiday.
Those frozen dough balls someone posted earlier look like a good option if it's the dough making that pisses you off most.

Is it possible to over-knead the dough? Is this a common thing if so, or is it the more kneading the better (obviously within reason)?

Those frozen dough balls someone posted earlier look like a good option if it's the dough making that pisses you off most.
I missed those I'll have a look through.

This dough has turned out a disaster, shaped it into a ball and it's just spread out and not rising.

Dunno if my yeasts fucked, it's been open about 8 month but still looks ok.

Everytime I have to activate yeast my dough never works.

Did an overnight dough proving this time.

Logon or register to see this image

Look at the crust on this bad lad for a frying pan carry on.

For the dreamers who wish they had an outdoor space. I'm here for you and we're punching.

Edit: no idea why this has cropped the corners of me pic off.
Looks good that mate.

Can you finish them off under the grill without knacking the crust?

Looks good that mate.

Can you finish them off under the grill without knacking the crust?

Aye. Just get your grill on the highest setting possible for 5-10 mins before so its absolutely piping hot. Move from frying pan straight under the grill and on the highest tray or just hold under it. Takes probably 3 mind or so with a couple of spins to get an even cook.

Really fantastic results, about 20x better than trying to use the heat of your oven cooking a pizza. You just can't get the heat to achieve a good pizza in a normal oven.

Aye. Just get your grill on the highest setting possible for 5-10 mins before so its absolutely piping hot. Move from frying pan straight under the grill and on the highest tray or just hold under it. Takes probably 3 mind or so with a couple of spins to get an even cook.

Really fantastic results, about 20x better than trying to use the heat of your oven cooking a pizza. You just can't get the heat to achieve a good pizza in a normal oven.
Class mate, I’ll pass the instructions on to the wife.

Did an overnight dough proving this time.

Logon or register to see this image

Look at the crust on this bad lad for a frying pan carry on.

For the dreamers who wish they had an outdoor space. I'm here for you and we're punching.

Edit: no idea why this has cropped the corners of me pic off.

How long do you usually prove the dough for James? Only just made ours tonight and a lot of places seem to recommend 2-4 days, but we were gonna have it tomorrow...

Back