Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

I've just used some of these yesterday:

Work out ideal size for Koda oven.
Obviously loads less faff on than making your own dough and they tasted lush.
Safely say I'll not be making any dough again when these are so cheap.
Blimey they’re cheap! Shame they only do the sourdoughs in 60 packs. How big is a pack?

Just ordered an Ooni Koda, out of stock til August - considered the Gozney Roccbox but didn't think it was worth the extra £150 for us.

Finally got hold of some yeast so we’re going to try the frying pan/grill method this weekend.

For anyone making Neapolitan style pizzas, how easy is it to stretch out the dough? I’d rather use a rolling pin if possible...

Did anyone see that youtube video of the guy who removed the safety lock from his oven so that he can cook on it using the "self cleaning" function that gets up to perfect pizza cooking temperatures?

Seems to work extremely well.
For anyone making Neapolitan style pizzas, how easy is it to stretch out the dough? I’d rather use a rolling pin if possible...
Not easy at all, especially until you get the knack. But it does work better than a rolling pin - as the rolling pin takes all the trapped air out.
Don't worry if they look shit, basically.

Finally got hold of some yeast so we’re going to try the frying pan/grill method this weekend.

Very hard to get a decent circle, the pros make it look easy.

Make it into a nice round ball, put flour down on surface, then basically just press down into it and out towards the crust. You're basically just patting it over and over again until you've pushed it out. Quite hard to explain but I think it's really simple. Don't use a roller, you'll push all the air out, it's also more difficult to get a circle.

Edit: this video shows the technique.

With the frying pan method you can also use the pan to help with the shape. You've got 30 seconds or so while it's on the hot pan to shape it before it begins to cook.

Just takes a bit of practice, easier when the dough is warm/room temp. I use the back of the hand method and the dough stretches itself from it's own weight.

Make it into a nice round ball, put flour down on surface, then basically just press down into it and out towards the crust. You're basically just patting it over and over again until you've pushed it out. Quite hard to explain but I think it's really simple. Don't use a roller, you'll push all the air out, it's also more difficult to get a circle.

Edit: this video shows the technique.

With the frying pan method you can also use the pan to help with the shape. You've got 30 seconds or so while it's on the hot pan to shape it before it begins to cook.
Watched this then the usual YouTube linked videos and gave it a try tonight rather than the usual rolling pin technique.

What a difference! Loads of little air bubbles in the main part of the base and a superb crispy crust at the edges.

Watched this then the usual YouTube linked videos and gave it a try tonight rather than the usual rolling pin technique.

What a difference! Loads of little air bubbles in the main part of the base and a superb crispy crust at the edges.
You'll always get a better result by hand, using a rolling pin is sacrilege.

On the topic of sacrilege, I've just gotten a food processor and am planning on knocking up my dough in it tomorrow morning for pizza tomorrow night.

Has anyone used one before to make dough?

Makes the world of difference doesn't it. Glad it went well! We've just made some dough this evening which will be put into action tomorrow. Can't wait.

Back