Women’s Football

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, can you tell me how the South Americans churn out loads of top players who started out as proper street scratters with little or no money behind them?
It's not the kids that need money, it's the adults. Becoming a professional footballer is a realistic way out of poverty for kids there, so they can practice constantly.

Here, even the best women footballers have needed other jobs until very recently, so it's not as reasonable for women and young girls to put as much focus into it as the boys can.

Obviously the quality is going to be lower when the funding is considerably less. It'll only improve if the public get behind it and the money and facilities on offer ever reaches a standard similar to the men's game.

I'm looking forward to going to the world cup this year and supporting Scotland, something I was beginning to think I'd never get to say!
We'll be at two of the Scotland games. I'll have my SAFC flag so look out for us!

The keepers are awful like. They were banging on yesterday about a brilliant point blank save, it was a weak as piss downward header straight at her.

No problem with it or anyone who plays it, but don't exaggerate things just because they're women. Undermines the whole point of trying to shake off sexism.

The keepers are awful like. They were banging on yesterday about a brilliant point blank save, it was a weak as piss downward header straight at her.

No problem with it or anyone who plays it, but don't exaggerate things just because they're women. Undermines the whole point of trying to shake off sexism.
Exactly this, I couldn't believe how they were going on about that save, the header was abysmal.

43k for the cup final. Pretty good when you consider that west ham were at home as well that afternoon

I think it’s brilliant it’s being promoted. You don’t have to watch it if you don’t want to

Game of Thrones is everywhere but I couldn’t give a shiny shite about that
Why is it brilliant that it's being promoted, it's shite.
Game of Thrones is quality tv.

Because it’s been held back for years.

No it hasn't , natural talent comes forward pretty quickly !??! I'm struggling to see why some think throwing money at football creates better players. Incidentally have the transgender types infiltrated the womens footies scene yet?

It's not the kids that need money, it's the adults. Becoming a professional footballer is a realistic way out of poverty for kids there, so they can practice constantly.

Here, even the best women footballers have needed other jobs until very recently, so it's not as reasonable for women and young girls to put as much focus into it as the boys can.
Can't argue with that. I worked with someone who played for SAFC Ladies as well. They even came off the bench in the FA Cup final against Arsenal. Imagine working in a supermarket with a guy who played in the FA Cup final a few days before.

No it hasn't , natural talent comes forward pretty quickly !??! I'm struggling to see why some think throwing money at football creates better players. Incidentally have the transgender types infiltrated the womens footies scene yet?
Er yes it has. It is only in the last decade it has any sort of momentum

You don’t understand why better funding creates better players? I guess it’s pointless having an academy then...

Jesus Christ almighty.

Of course it does. Better coaching, training facilities, the ability to go full time, better strength and conditioning, better nutrition, better identification and treatment of injuries etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back