Woman loses benefits - can’t get wheelchair into assessment centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think if the door was held open and she approached it head on she might have got in.

Not that she should have to mind.

No, heavy wheelchairs can't bump up steps like that.

She said she buzzed and two ladies said they couldn't lift her and the chair which is fair enough. My Mam and me can't lift my Dad and his chair up steps like that. The weight of the chair and the size of the battery on the back means you can't tip it back and bump it up like you would a pushchair.

She said she buzzed and two ladies said they couldn't lift her and the chair which is fair enough. My Mam and me can't lift my Dad and his chair up steps like that. The weight of the chair and the size of the battery on the back means you can't tip it back and bump it up like you would a pushchair.
I heard that bit but I wonder why it wasn't filmed?

Every other part was caught on camera.

Hopefully there's a record of them not being able to get her in somewhere. Definitely mitigating circumstances imho.

If she buzzed (I don't remember that in video, although crap feed here in the jungle) then the two ladies must of been from reception? They should have logged her name or something?

Might be a sneaky part of the assessment.

"Ah, see you can get you your wheelchair in inaccessible places. £20 a week less for you missus"

It's not a[n electric] wheelchair, it's a mobility scooter. Big difference.

im not defending the decision but no way is that a 5 inch step on the doorway

the way she is pretending to bump it is stupid. obviously for effect for the video but it just looks stupid and doesn't add to the story
Aye, maybe she should crawl in on her hands and knees marra

It's not a[n electric] wheelchair, it's a mobility scooter. Big difference.
Who died and made you a benefits assessor?

the way she is pretending to bump it is stupid. obviously for effect for the video but it just looks stupid and doesn't add to the story

Did she not see the sign stating assistance was available at the ring of a bell ?

It's not even a wheelchair it's a mobility scooter and she can clearly walk as is shown in the video.

Nothing story.

Did she not see the sign stating assistance was available at the ring of a bell ?

It's not even a wheelchair it's a mobility scooter and she can clearly walk as is shown in the video.

Nothing story.
she did see the sign which is why (she says) she rang for assistance.

Odd that it wasn't filmed mind.

That will buzz at reception which will be manned all day. Tell them you're there and you can't get in. Make them log it. If they then can't provide anyone to bump you up then you're still recorded as trying to attend. Really basic stuff this like.

So 'basic', that you've been unable to find a solution?

:lol:

Whilst I am inclined to agree with your points there is no defending this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back