Woman loses benefits - can’t get wheelchair into assessment centre

That's shocking - the poor woman :(

My Dad's wheelchair is a battery operated one. It's heavy without him in it and it can't be bumped up steps or kerbs. We've found so many places that are inaccessible or we have to go a long way round to find places with ramps. I feel her pain with not being able to get into buildings.

The pop at anyone who doesn’t agree with the tory/brexit numdskulls like yourself you mean.....comrade. Stay away there is nothing to learn is what I would tell him.

Brexit? Yes
Tory? No
Numdskull? Irony.

There's plenty to learn if you're not in the Redgauntlet Memorial Ideological Abyss (Trench isn't deep enough any more)

Brexit? Yes
Tory? No
Numdskull? Irony.

There's plenty to learn if you're not in the Redgauntlet Memorial Ideological Abyss (Trench isn't deep enough any more)
You should know about trenches, you spend you life extolling the virtues of looking into the filthy trench of brexit.

Anyway, back on topic - buzz the door and ask for a hand. Not ideal, yes there should be a ramp, but you solve the problem however you can.

im not defending the decision but no way is that a 5 inch step on the doorway

the way she is pretending to bump it is stupid. obviously for effect for the video but it just looks stupid and doesn't add to the story
I think if the door was held open and she approached it head on she might have got in.

Not that she should have to mind.

There is a door buzzer next to the door, with a sign saying please ring the bell for assistance if your disabled. It's there in the video, plain as day. If no one came, fair enough, but it doesn't mention anything about it.
In the video I watched she claims that two people came and said they couldn't move her buggy.

There is a door buzzer next to the door, with a sign saying please ring the bell for assistance if your disabled. It's there in the video, plain as day. If no one came, fair enough, but it doesn't mention anything about it.

That will buzz at reception which will be manned all day. Tell them you're there and you can't get in. Make them log it. If they then can't provide anyone to bump you up then you're still recorded as trying to attend. Really basic stuff this like.

All Tories should be rounded up and exterminated.

:lol: now this is what we should call 'skipping to the end'.

That will buzz at reception which will be manned all day. Tell them you're there and you can't get in. Make them log it. If they then can't provide anyone to bump you up then you're still recorded as trying to attend. Really basic stuff this like.
:lol: now this is what we should call 'skipping to the end'.
I kind of feel for her, but it seems she got there, and gave up with little effort. Saying that, the government building should have better access, especially as it an assessment centre for people who could be disabled. As you said, should have got someone to go reception and take it from there, not stick it in reverse and fook off.

Back