With performances continuing like this how many more matches before you jack it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can certainly see the attraction come winter. Is there a worse feeling in the world than that trudge back over the bridge, shoulders hunched after two hours of biting cold and yet another defeat. At least in the PL you get to see some of the best players in world football....even if they're playing for the opposition. Defeats to teams who were two leagues below us last season or ones who have a wage bill just bigger than what we pay Rodwell are hard to stomach.

A guy was telling me last week that Rodwell has apparently ''fallen out of love with the game''. If that is true, no wonder he isn't perfroming to the best of his capabilities.
Wasnt it David Batty who said he didnt particularly like football, its just that he was good at it ?

A guy was telling me last week that Rodwell has apparently ''fallen out of love with the game''. If that is true, no wonder he isn't perfroming to the best of his capabilities.
Wasnt it David Batty who said he didnt particularly like football, its just that he was good at it ?

I posted exactly that weeks ago....he doesn't like the life of a footballer...which makes his presence here even more f***ing annoying. When your wage is crippling the club you play for there's no excuse for lame performances.

That quote was attributed to Assou-Ekotto the Spurs full back.

I doubt i'll ever stop going tbh.

Last time I thought about packing in was under Mick McCarthy, the season after we'd lost in the play off semi to palace.

Ended up winning the league, still going................

I get up early morning, sit by myself and watch a shitty stream. True I don't have to pay much but there's no fucker to moan with other than on line.

But no way can pack it in. Lots of reasons , and not one about current entertainment...whatever the hell that is.

My half brother, suffering TB, left his office job to work as a nightwatchman, out in all weathers, in the early 60s so he'd make enough to afford a season ticket. Lasted six weeks before he went down never to get back up. He was 19. How the fuck do you abandon that. Till I die, as they say.

Hope you and the missus are well.
Have you still been seeing the games over there mate? Possibly via I-Follow links etc. - aye mate it seems a lifetime ago since we were in that old Boleyn Ground that trip.

Still cracking on Chris and we’ve got a lunchtime trip to Ipswich planned for four hours time!

The problem the club have is that there's no real incentive to have a season card nowadays unless you go to every home game and there's probably only a small % of SC holders that do that these days.

In years gone by a lot of fans renewed because they'd accumulated a high amount of loyalty points which guaranteed them a ticket for high demand away games but we haven't sold out any of our away games this season so that's another reason for buying one out the window.

Been going over 40 years mate. I'm definitely a walk on the sunny side of the street person.....if I can't see any positives we are fucked!

So.....we are fucked

Yeah, I remarked on your status this morning. Trying to think logically you can't see anything other than the situation getting worse as income drops year on year and we are unable to strengthen on the pitch. The only feasible way out looks to be a buyout with Short accepting huge losses and the new owners having enough backing to reverse the decline.

Yeah, I remarked on your status this morning. Trying to think logically you can't see anything other than the situation getting worse as income drops year on year and we are unable to strengthen on the pitch. The only feasible way out looks to be a buyout with Short accepting huge losses and the new owners having enough backing to reverse the decline.

I've tried really hard but I have no idea whatsoever what Short's strategy is. He's going yo end up with zero

Never, have you ever heard of through thick and thin?
I get the sentiment but it's not jtoo us the shite football we serve up. Th stadium needs fixing up, the price of the shit beer and minging food, the way the stewards behave, the parking around the ground, the traffic afterwards.
The day out is great but it's getting harder to justify it for some people.

I don go to games at all now since I moved

Gonna be the end of this season for me, I've supported them & regularly attended for nigh on 40 years, the only reason I renewed my season tickets this season was because my youngest lads ticket is £25 for the final year, I can think of a thousand better things to be doing with my time!

I think instead of giving it to Christmas, I am only gonna be able to last till Bombie night.

But a few sticks of furniture, all the pink seats piled up and a huge amount of deadwood from the squad, placed in the centre circle along with
the Guy, we all know who that is, a C*nt from Missouri, throw Des on there licking his balls and
I think that would get a full gate at the Stadium of light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back