With performances continuing like this how many more matches before you jack it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm getting to the stage whereby missing matches doesn't remotely bother me.

Sad but a few seasons ago that would have horrified me.

I've still got my season ticket but it's more the social aspect of it. Seeing mates, having a laugh, few drinks, few bets and then making a night of it going to town afterwards.

Didn't go to the last 2 home games and didn't miss it one bit. There was once a time when even the thought of missing a home match would have killed me bit football was totally different back then and I don't have the same feelings I had for the club or its players as I did back then.

It's crazy how you can go from one extreme to the other but it's the same with me. I stopped going most of last season...went back for the Stoke game and didn't go back after that. I remember a time when I would use about 2 weeks of my annual leave to book off all of my Saturdays I was pencilled in for. Also travelling up whilst at uni on the train at £50 a time during the 15 point season! Totally lost interest now, maybe its down to circumstances as I can earn a decent amount now if I don't go to the match. Or maybe it's just because we are shite and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Really disilussioned with football as a whole to be fair though as its full of overpaid wankers...worse than ever before! I am however goig to Preston away, mainly for the piss up!

For as long as I'm able, i'll go when i can. Been at it too long to chuck it in now. If folk in their seventies and eighties still go there's no reason a pup like me should rap his hand in.

For as long as I'm able, i'll go when i can. Been at it too long to chuck it in now. If folk in their seventies and eighties still go there's no reason a pup like me should rap his hand in.

We've got some right pussys supposed to be following us

Rather gan shopping with their lass than gan to,the match :rolleyes:

Dint mind shopping like, i see little enough of her as it is, and she doesn't faff about. Id never do that if i could get to the match though.

Dint mind shopping like, i see little enough of her as it is, and she doesn't faff about. Id never do that if i could get to the match though.

Sod that I'd rather watch us play in the northern league than gan traipsing round Morrisons or wherever

I've seen me back home within the hour if I need anything

Our lass spends all day shopping even then not come back with what she went out for :lol:

Footy wins every time

Sod that I'd rather watch us play in the northern league than gan traipsing round Morrisons or wherever

I've seen me back home within the hour if I need anything

Our lass spends all day shopping even then not come back with what she went out for :lol:

Footy wins every time
Mine knows what she wants before she goes. straight there fill the basket and out. Shes nearly finished Christmas shopping man. :lol:

Considered attending casually for years and hand was forced this year.

Why? Midweeks a nightmare due to work comitments and 1960s public transport and weekends effect by cousins unable to attend half.
Take away the drinking/craic element and the day offers absolutely fuck all. Travel alone to a souless half empty, tired, poorly staffed stadium to watch some substandard lads on 10-60k, some we dont even own unless they do thit, huff and puff to try n win our first home match in ten months or be outdone by sides featuring numerous premiership/safc rejects. Its f***ing shit bar the pre/post match craic and has been for many a year.
The fact that we now appear years behind some utter mickey mouse clubs infuriates me.
Qpr first home for me, maybe.

The club is on life support at the moment, why the fuck would I jack it in? As usual the 20-30 thousand true fans will stick with the club (not to be confused with the owner), so the likes of the OP can reappear again when the going gets easier.

True fans, you having a laugh, embarrassing some of them.

The fans who are going now have to put up with it the ones who choose not to go for whatever reason and spend most their lives on here have it easy.
We never had 40000 loyal fans
The majority who stopped going were purely new fans that we attracted under Reid
Next season will be down to 16000 which is about right for us.
In my time a RP was always between 13000 and 20000 for the majority of games

I hate generalisations like this.

He’s using shopping with his lass as an extreme example ffs.
Maybe, just maybe people would rather spend THEIR hard earned cash on something better, a good holiday, their home, a new car...rather than watch a bunch of wankers who couldn’t give a fuck earn £30k+ every week so that other people can be sacked by the club.
Doesn’t make them “pussies” at all. Just means they want a better life for themselves and remove pointless expensive wastes of time.

Maybe, just maybe people would rather spend THEIR hard earned cash on something better, a good holiday, their home, a new car...rather than watch a bunch of wankers who couldn’t give a fuck earn £30k+ every week so that other people can be sacked by the club.
Doesn’t make them “pussies” at all. Just means they want a better life for themselves and remove pointless expensive wastes of time.

This.
We're all different Hank, you can manage to watch 20 odd matches a week n footy is your life.
If youve been on the road from your kids all week you may get back half 9 on a Friday n decide to fuck the match off. Sad but the club hasnever meant so little to me.

Even more embarrassing than people on here spouting shite about us but can't be arsed to attend?

This.
We're all different Hank, you can manage to watch 20 odd matches a week n footy is your life.
If youve been on the road from your kids all week you may get back half 9 on a Friday n decide to fuck the match off. Sad but the club hasnever meant so little to me.
But your still on here? It must mean something to you then

Making it about shopping as opposed to the match is his way of avoiding the facts.
An owner who is raping the club, players not good enough or don't care, and a futile and costly ritual every home match that rubs these facts in.
Too much for Ol Hank to admit to.

The fans who are going now have to put up with it the ones who choose not to go for whatever reason and spend most their lives on here have it easy.
We never had 40000 loyal fans
The majority who stopped going were purely new fans that we attracted under Reid
Next season will be down to 16000 which is about right for us.
In my time a RP was always between 13000 and 20000 for the majority of games
Fuck off man, 16000 aye in the early 90s, we'll average about 25k this year even if we go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back