Winter jacket?

Another vote for Berghaus here - kept me lovely and warm at Cambridge on Saturday. Shame I couldn't find my gloves mind as my hands were bastid freezing.

And I don't mind looking like 'a Geography teacher', as I'm an awld test!

She’s a bit sore mate down her left and whacked her head .

I’ve sat through an hr of cctv footage today .

Walks onto the drive

wind whips her off her feet

she lifts her torso off the ground with both arms ,wind gets hold of her and rolls her along the ground and Into the The border and stops when she wollops the bollard light .

Neighbour runs onto the drive picks her up and they both get blown all over but somehow stand up to reach the front door.

honestly what a state she was In covered in clarts and dripping wet ,me and my mate pissed ourselves laughing when I opened the door.
I’ve just been out to warm the cars up and noticed the part of the drive she rolled along is going uphill a canny bit,never experienced wind like that like.Poor little bugger got a right shock :lol: :lol:

Love threads like these. Someone asking for advice on a £100 coat, instead gets bombarded with people banging on about their £400, £500, £600 coats instead 😂

This will do you for anything in most of the UK. For full transparency, it’s £15 more than you asked for.
It isn't there is a 15 off coupon. £97.71 with free delivery, giving that a try thanks

Areet, am after a winter jacket. After something lightweight, warm and dry if caught in rain. Currently got a craghoppers softshell which doesn't keep the warm in. Budget around £100. Giz some recommendations.
Go outdoors Stockton have a decent sale on atm, up to 60% on everything. Was there two weeks ago, you will struggle to get warm waterproof and light for £100 to be fair. The only option you have is waterproof and light and layer up if you are going to use it to do any activity.

Rab valiance is everything you need in a coat. Light, warm and waterproof, smartish for a big coat and all in one, not that jacket within jacket malarky.

However they have shifted all their production out of the UK to China and are still charging top, top wack. I can't bring myself to buy another after I ripped first.

But if anyone is reeling flush

For the 100 pound range, mountain warehouse at Dalton park. That's what I'm using now.

Last edited:
Difficult to get one that’s both insulated and waterproof for £100 but I’m sure I saw a hooded wax primaloft Barbour sample for not much more last time I was through the factory shop.

I’d also have a look at Decathlon.

ski/mountain jackets come in within your budget, and I’ve found the quality of their gear to be pretty good for the price.

I’d also have a look at Decathlon.

ski/mountain jackets come in within your budget, and I’ve found the quality of their gear to be pretty good for the price.

]

Not a bad shout, the waterproof jacket I bought for mountain biking is brilliant for and better than some of the more expensive stuff I've bought for double the price in the past. Could possibly layer up using their stuff for roughly £100 with a cheap midlayer and waterproof hard shell over the top.
The hiking trousers I got from there aren't bad at all either

Last edited:
I was in the CG store in Regent St on Saturday , you’d think they were giving them away there was that many queuing up at the till.

The amount of security working there would indicate they’ve had a real problem with our loveable shoplifters for who 10% discount is nowhere near enough.
Been in the regent St one and seen the door staff, Goose don't discount jackets period, that's why I thought the 10% discount was just removing a 10% markup, it's CG's policy not to discount, quality sells itself without a price drop, did you get owt?

Back