Winter jacket?

Splash out . Get a better one . £100 won't get you warm and waterproof . Could always layer up with a cheaper insulated and shell . Won't be breathable though .
If your stuck on £100 then you might find a 3 in one meets the need best
I wore 5 layers yesterday and I was still cold.

I’m going to buy a proper mountaineering coat for the gentle undulations of DE13.

Splash out . Get a better one . £100 won't get you warm and waterproof . Could always layer up with a cheaper insulated and shell . Won't be breathable though .
If your stuck on £100 then you might find a 3 in one meets the need best

My winter coat cost about £100. Couldn't tell you what brand it is, picked it up from Go Outdoors a few years back (Might have been reduced from £150 iirc)
It's lovely & warm. Not sure it's entirely waterproof, but I've never been out in rain heavy enough to penetrate the inside. As I don't make a habit of walking about in monsoons, it's not an issue.

My winter coat cost about £100. Couldn't tell you what brand it is, picked it up from Go Outdoors a few years back (Might have been reduced from £150 iirc)
It's lovely & warm. Not sure it's entirely waterproof, but I've never been out in rain heavy enough to penetrate the inside. As I don't make a habit of walking about in monsoons, it's not an issue.
If it suits your needs mate 👍.

Get a look in TK Maxx, might get lucky with a bargain!

Dalton Park also worth a look, got a £350 Bergaus for £100 there, not massively water proof but warm as fuck.

…or get yourself a Barbour Wax in the sales (eBay or try the Shields outlet maybes) and get yourself a Taion liner. It’s what the cool twats are currently wearing!

Judging by these endless coat posts I assumed every bloke had 4 coats for varying degrees and replaced them after 18 months
Fells Montane shell with stuff under
Cheap trespass kept in car for sudden pissy down
Belstaff wax for posh outdoor
Naparaji thin puffa for matches and stuff . T shirt under .
Warm and canny rainproof .

Back