Winter jacket?

Areet, am after a winter jacket. After something lightweight, warm and dry if caught in rain. Currently got a craghoppers softshell which doesn't keep the warm in. Budget around £100. Giz some recommendations.

One of the cheaper outdoor type places should have something, something like this might be ok

It is very heavy but very very warm. I was out last night in that squally weather and just a tshirt last night and was toasty warm 🥵
A poster on here has just set up an Army Surplus Store.

Called Sunderland Army Surplus on FB if you’re on it.
One of the cheaper outdoor type places should have something, something like this might be ok

Reynolds sell Didrikson which are decent value too. Didriksons Archives | Camp Kitchen

Last edited:
Love threads like these. Someone asking for advice on a £100 coat, instead gets bombarded with people banging on about their £400, £500, £600 coats instead 😂

Areet, am after a winter jacket. After something lightweight, warm and dry if caught in rain. Currently got a craghoppers softshell which doesn't keep the warm in. Budget around £100. Giz some recommendations.

This will do you for anything in most of the UK. For full transparency, it’s £15 more than you asked for.

That's alright for the money 👍
I find tog 24 gear ok , picked up an insulated jacket for £30 from MacArthur glen . Cracking jacket if it's not actually Baltic .

Love threads like these. Someone asking for advice on a £100 coat, instead gets bombarded with people banging on about their £400, £500, £600 coats instead 😂

This will do you for anything in most of the UK. For full transparency, it’s £15 more than you asked for.
The coat I suggested you can get for not much more than his budget if you don't buy during a very sudden cold snap. It will last another 80 years and it will never go out of fashion while being excellently warm and weather proof.

So you actually would be saving money in a couple of years.

ive got a dozen.. the white one is even better but the heavy canvas outer is far too heavy for every usage... the were a Sentry Coat
My mate Ben has the white but I can't be doing with the upkeep. I've been wearing these for over 20 years and they are heavy but work as a blanket if you crash anywhere. Kept me totally sorted last night in Nottingham but you're right not great for cycling or just nipping out.

My mate Ben has the white but I can't be doing with the upkeep. I've been wearing these for over 20 years and they are heavy but work as a blanket if you crash anywhere. Kept me totally sorted last night in Nottingham but you're right not great for cycling or just nipping out.

They will however see out human lifeform on earth... now that is a fact 👍
Bergahaus Goretex Kang Strata., ME Down Redline or Annapurna or the ME Redline Goretex with goose down only made for Arctic and Antartica expedition /Survey are more than ample for anything the UK weather can throw at it. #warmanddry Oversized Snowsled Ventile with lighter weight down bubble base layer is a good pairin too

Last edited:
True 🙂

The jumpers and the new ranges are smart, I was in a goose store the other day, quite a few new designs but the parkas are still top sellers.
Logon or register to see this image
I was in the CG store in Regent St on Saturday , you’d think they were giving them away there was that many queuing up at the till.

The amount of security working there would indicate they’ve had a real problem with our loveable shoplifters for who 10% discount is nowhere near enough.

Back