Winter jacket?

Rab valiance is everything you need in a coat. Light, warm and waterproof, smartish for a big coat and all in one, not that jacket within jacket malarky.

However they have shifted all their production out of the UK to China and are still charging top, top wack. I can't bring myself to buy another after I ripped first.

But if anyone is reeling flush

For the 100 pound range, mountain warehouse at Dalton park. That's what I'm using now.

Too warm to walk in those though. Sweat yer knackers off.

Nee way you could wear one of those canada geese things and actually move around in the UK like. Antarctica yes, Sunderland no.

Too warm to walk in those though. Sweat yer knackers off.

Nee way you could wear one of those canada geese things and actually move around in the UK like. Antarctica yes, Sunderland no.

To be honest I ballsed my Rab valiance purchase up. I went with a snugger fit but didn't realise to get the max benefit you still need to layer properly and because I bought it snug, when I put layers on I compressed the feathers meaning I didnt get the full benefit.

Only exacerbated by my Christmas and winter weight gain.

Expensive lesson learned.

To be honest I ballsed my Rab valiance purchase up. I went with a snugger fit but didn't realise to get the max benefit you still need to layer properly and because I bought it snug, when I put layers on I compressed the feathers meaning I didnt get the full benefit.

Only exacerbated by my Christmas and winter weight gain.

Expensive lesson learned.

I've only ever worn a t shirt underneath and can manage 30 minutes gentle stroll before getting too warm.

You might need to up the budget but I've found Didriksons as good as the better known 'name' brands that have your eyes out.

sell them in Reynolds Outdoor Centre in town as well. Might have a sale on? Looks like they’ve had some decent sales on but now out of stock on some of the heavier discounted items

sell them in Reynolds Outdoor Centre in town as well. Might have a sale on? Looks like they’ve had some decent sales on but now out of stock on some of the heavier discounted items

I've got a few of their coats but bought one about 5 years ago for about 200 quid and it has good wear but still looks as good as new. Totally waterproof (to the point that if it's hoying down you end up with soggy trousers since the water just runs off) and as warm as any Canada Goose or Moncler I've tried (although I'd guess that might not be the case if you had to face -20c temperatures but we don't get them here).

The other coat I tend to use in winter is a Montgomery duffle coat which is canny warm and keeps the rain off but better for cold days rather than freezing. Looks great though.

Back