Wingate

Four people were arrested over the weekend in connection with recent criminal activity in the Wingate area.

All four remain in custody and are being questioned by detectives.

Meanwhile, inquiries into the cause of last week’s fire are continuing.

Both men arrested last week on suspicion of arson have been released on police bail, although one has been charged with an unrelated offence of handling stolen goods.

Inspector Emma Kay said: “We had additional patrols out in the village over the weekend and that extra police presence will continue.

“We would urge anyone who has information to come forward and speak to us as soon as possible”.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Durham Constabulary on 101.
Hopefully the two on bail aren't thick enough to act themselves in the meantime.

Can't see him leaving Wingate myself like, he's born and bred there.

What he, his family and all the families in the area need is some solid official support.

Not sure how likely that is to come like, but if it doesn't come in an official sense then vigilante justice may well be taken from the scumbag's hands and placed into some of those families.

I grew up in Wingate from the age of 3, didn't leave until I was 25 and, like most places I've no doubt, some of the toughest bastards in the place are those you would least suspect.

Would only take a few to rally together and the dafties would shit it. At least IMO the good folk of the villages could make that happen if they were pushed too far.
Difference between tough and outright mental though mate ☹️

I remember the youngish lad going missing ( presumed dead)Scott? in Wingate, was reading an article the mother is still pleading with the locals to let them know what happened to her son

Claims he is staying according to a report on the BBC website. It would be nice to think the scum who did this could be forced to move on rather than a decent bloke trying to stand up for his community

Good luck to him, I hope this is a signal to the rest of the community and it works!
Hopefully the two on bail aren't thick enough to act themselves in the meantime.

Be daft to, wouldn't they be risking witness intimidation charges if they don't already have them stacked against them for the second fire? Stuff like that should add on separately to the sentence to make it less likely they go about doing it it might already be maybe someone who knows better will say :lol:

Last edited:
Good luck to him, I hope this is a signal to the rest of the community and it works!

Be daft to, wouldn't they be risking witness intimidation charges if they don't already have them stacked against them for the second fire? Stuff like that should add on separately to the sentence to make it less likely they go about doing it it might already be maybe someone who knows better will say :lol:
They would be daft to mate but I think it's quite clear that it's is dafties we are dealing with here. :lol:

These type of people don't care, they don't care about prison.

It would be great if the community and police could work together to sort these knackers out. Then just need the CPS and the courts to do their bit, i.e. apply a sentence that is sufficient to deter any like minded knackers

It would be great if the community and police could work together to sort these knackers out. Then just need the CPS and the courts to do their bit, i.e. apply a sentence that is sufficient to deter any like minded knackers
Seems completely bonkers but in a ideal world we'd be able to use a community resolution order, instead of throwing the book at them get them all in a room sit them down and see what the actual issues are and see if they can't be resolved - before it even reached the stage of arson. Bonkers I know, in a world where people actually listen to others and are rational... I doubt the perpetrators are rational enough but maybe one of the parents is? Wishful thinking :lol:

Seems completely bonkers but in a ideal world we'd be able to use a community resolution order, instead of throwing the book at them get them all in a room sit them down and see what the actual issues are and see if they can't be resolved - before it even reached the stage of arson. Bonkers I know, in a world where people actually listen to others and are rational... I doubt the perpetrators are rational enough but maybe one of the parents is? Wishful thinking :lol:
That would work in a world where people wanted to get on and live side by side with their neighbours and disputes could be resolved by reason. It sounds like what we've got here is a set of kernts who don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and are not fit or able to live in a civilised community

That would work in a world where people wanted to get on and live side by side with their neighbours and disputes could be resolved by reason. It sounds like what we've got here is a set of kernts who don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and are not fit or able to live in a civilised community

There's a land far away we can send these uncivilised folk, or maybe we could repurpose the Maunsell forts and air it as a form of hunger games reality TV Saturday night Ant and Dec.

This is the sort of thing Patel needs to sort out not chasing around after statue shouters and immigrants
There's a land far away we can send these uncivilised folk, or maybe we could repurpose the Maunsell forts and air it as a form of hunger games reality TV Saturday night Ant and Dec.
I’d gladly swap these lot for most refugees and send them to Ascension Island or wherever it was she was wanting to send them
British trash

Last edited:
This is the sort of thing Patel needs to sort out not chasing around after statue shouters and immigrants

I’d gladly swap these lot for most refugees and send them to Ascension Island or wherever it was she was wanting to send them
British trash

I wouldn't be against it, one in one out policy ought to do it... if we had a similar system to places like NZ/Australia we could really benefit :lol:

Back