Wingate

black-cat

Striker
Had the somewhat questionable pleasure of growing up there, actually it was a canny little place back in the day, I have some fantastic memories of the things we got up to when I was a kid.

However unfortunately like a lot of places it's gone to the dogs.

A few night's ago, 4 males walked into an old couple's home at 7:30pm, threatened and then robbed them of anything they had that was worth owt.

In an act of desperation, their son, a cracking lad, ex royal marine and all round good bloke put a message out on FB asking for help not just in identifying those responsible, but he called for the good, decent folk of the villages to pull together and try and get this type of behaviour sorted out.

So last night, as he, his wife, 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter slept at home some absolute knackers set fire to his car, his caravan and his home, whilst they were all asleep in the fucker!!

and

Well that’s not gonna happen is it. Realistically I hope they get caught and done for attempted murder and arson
Kind of thing used to happen in Wingate a few year ago. Never knew of anyone thrown off but know there was more than one taken up there. And they hadn't done anything anywhere near as bad as this

Seen this earlier on FB. The lad seems as nice as they come and it's a f***ing shame that things like this can go on unpunished.

Hopefully the names of those involved find their way to the police, preferably after a couple of local nasty bastards get into them.

Was in the year above me at Wellfield. Was just on to the dragon last night how its good to see someone speak out about the state the village is in now. f***ing place is lawless. Good folk plagued by scum who just don't give a fuck about anything but themselves. I've offered him my van on the off chance there's anything worth saving in the house for him to move it somewhere safe.

Hate what Wingate and the surrounding areas have become.

Police are appealing for information following a suspected arson in Taylor Grove, Wingate, shortly before 2am this morning.
A house, together with a car and caravan parked on the drive, were damaged in the incident.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in police custody.
Neighbourhood Inspector Emma Kay, of Durham Constabulary, said: “Thankfully no-one was injured in this incident, but the fire caused significant damage.
“We are urging those living in the community to come forward with any information they may have.
“I would like to reassure residents that extra officers will be patrolling the area and I would urge anyone who sees them to speak to them.”
Anyone with any information can contact Durham Constabulary on 101, quoting incident reference 23 of March 18 or alternatively, via Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.

Police are appealing for information following a suspected arson in Taylor Grove, Wingate, shortly before 2am this morning.
A house, together with a car and caravan parked on the drive, were damaged in the incident.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is currently in police custody.
Neighbourhood Inspector Emma Kay, of Durham Constabulary, said: “Thankfully no-one was injured in this incident, but the fire caused significant damage.
“We are urging those living in the community to come forward with any information they may have.
“I would like to reassure residents that extra officers will be patrolling the area and I would urge anyone who sees them to speak to them.”
Anyone with any information can contact Durham Constabulary on 101, quoting incident reference 23 of March 18 or alternatively, via Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
I'd love to know who it is.

Cowardly shite turning up at 2 in the morning.

I'd love to know who it is.

Cowardly shite turning up at 2 in the morning.

Some little rat, don't think they will have acted alone so hopefully all involved will get what's deserved.

Arson doesn't seem justice to me either, a harsher charge needs to be brought about otherwise they'll not serve any time with an early guilty plea.

That’s good news then.

Some little rat, don't think they will have acted alone so hopefully all involved will get what's deserved.

Arson doesn't seem justice to me either, a harsher charge needs to be brought about otherwise they'll not serve any time with an early guilty plea.
Or aye. It'll be a rat working on some other rats behalf. Hard bastards never do the dirty work themselves. He's clearly rattled some cages though, all without calling anyone out by name.

They won't get what they deserve and even if they do the original lad will get the blame.

Unfortunately the police have been cut so badly over the last few years that there they presence is none existent in rural communities.

Hetton have gone down a similar route, drugs, thieves, arsonist, hit and runs etc. I would imagine a lot of places like this have.

The decent folk from when people where young have died and are gradually being replaced with scum.

parents of the criminals, criminals, criminals kids all runs a mock and nobody does nowt.

Councils and police either cant or don't care.

Back