Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rat

Striker
Anyone really into it?

Slowly getting more interested in it, visited some wineries in the US and France recently. Its all a bit pedantic, but occupies the mind and its stopped me binge drinking.....but not drinking.

How much is too much to spend on a bottle?

Anyone really into it?

Slowly getting more interested in it, visited some wineries in the US and France recently. Its all a bit pedantic, but occupies the mind and its stopped me binge drinking.....but not drinking.

How much is too much to spend on a bottle?

It can be pedantic but the right pairing can make a good meal excellent.

Id say on average we spend 8 quid a bottle. Bit if out having a meal it tends to be more around the 20 quid mark (dont pick on price mind, so sometimes you see a variety that is one of the cheapest and is up your street).

Last edited:
There's been planning permission for a Wine Bar in Westhoughton.

If it goes through we'll have quite a spectrum of beverage emporiums

It can be pedantic but the right pairing can make a good meal excellent.

Id say Ion average we spend 8 quid a bottle. Bit if out having a meal it tends to be more around the 20 quid mark (dont pick on price mind, so sometimes you see a variety that is one of the cheapest and is up your street).

Yeah that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense.

Whats your preferred sir? I like either red or white, but if its without food I almost always opt for red. If Im in a bit of a hurry when shopping the thing I look for is vanilla.

Supermarkets always have specials on......sainsburys i think had glenfiddich 15 on for 35quid not so long back.

Well that's on special and still more than 30 quid.

Actually struggle to find a bottle of wine for less than a tenner in most supermarkets like

I presume you mean a bottle you like, as there are copious amounts under a 10er.

Whats your preferred sir? I like either red or white, but if its without food I almost always opt for red. If Im in a bit of a hurry when shopping the thing I look for is vanilla.

I presume you mean a bottle you like, as there are copious amounts under a 10er.

Was a typo, I meant more than a tenner!

I'm red all the way, had some really nice Merlot's on holiday. I've been recommended a few Pinot Noirs that are stocked in Aldi, might have a look down tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back