Will we sign anybody before 5pm Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theres nothing happened anywhere ever ...

I have no idea what your question related to...
The championship players that he said we were looking at getting...we haven't signed any.

The bit I bolded quite clearly relates to this
Aye we look decent when we press, we did last season anarl.
It's odd why he defends from the off...he's made a rod for his own back

Last edited:
Really can't believe we're down to about a day and a half and we're still looking about for a LB , where was Hume yesterday...injured or ?.if injured for how long exactly?, if he's out for a while even if we bring in a LB we're still stuck with one.
We can't keep playing a RB there and CM at RB ..its just fckn ridiculous.
Stewart said a few weeks ago there'll be 3 , no sign of anything up to now, even said we'd have a chance of picking up Championship players that couldn't get a move once their window shut...hmmm
It really does look like a mess at the minute.
I'm not a big fan of Ross but gotta feel for the bloke if he has to use whatever Hill and Coton think are the right players...
He didn't tbf, he'd said there be one (we've since signed Lynch), possibly three. He didn't say there would be three.
The championship players that he said we were looking at getting...we haven't signed any.

It's odd why he defends from the off...he's made a rod for his own back
We signed one from the championship, Lynch, or was he a free agent?

Last edited:

Ahhh my apologies when I see your reply my message was above but as I didn't expand my message I hadn't realised you'd put anything in bold...my bad !

So yeah I have no idea what has happened there...I'd love to know !

He didn't tbf, he'd said there be one (we've since signed Lynch), possibly three. He didn't say there would be three.

We signed one from the championship, Lynch, or was he a free agent?
Free I think.. fair enough.
we need attack minded players as well

IMHO: The squad hasn’t been improved since the end of last summers transfer window even without taking the Maja/Grigg fiasco in consideration. We’re certainly no better all round now than we were on Feb 1.

I’ve no idea which combination of Ross, Hill n Coton are responsible for recruitment but I’ve only been impressed by the keeper so far and we’re in the third division ferchrissakes. Whereas thirty years ago all of Gabbiadini, Kay, McPhail and Pascoe were a cut above from the start in the same division.

Maybe we’ve adopted a policy of signing run of the mill div3 players and expect the manager to be the difference between success and failure? Or maybe they are good players and the managers and/or his tactics aren’t allowing them to show it? Or maybe between the manager, DOF and Chief Scout there’s not the ability to spot a player? Maybe removing one or two or all of em from the equation would see potential pouring through the doors of the AOL? Maybe it’s just a budgetary matter?

Whatever the solution is it’s plain to see the current systems not working and I very much doubt the Dellboys will have the wool pulled over their eyes as easily as the “happy clappers” even if they do have no vast knowledge of the game.

It’s gonna be another long hard one if nowt changes.....and there’ll be blood on a few carpets before the end.

Last edited:
This. I actually think we need a "marquee" type attack minded signing. Maddison would be perfect, but you just know we'll be left disappointed.
If we want championship football next season signing players of his calibre is a must . Whatever price he's available for we must sign him, January is to late.....
Penny pinching and freebies will leave us in league one, is that what the new owners want ?

I think we will get left back on loan and get another Dm. Ross doesn't have enough DM 's you know.

If we want championship football next season signing players of his calibre is a must . Whatever price he's available for we must sign him, January is to late.....
Penny pinching and freebies will leave us in league one, is that what the new owners want ?
The fans can see this... we're sleepwalking into another disappointing season..

Huge 30 hours ahead for the recruitment team...

Yesterday showed we just don't have the squad for a 100pts target.

Don't know if they're up to it, but we'll soon find out. :neutral:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back