WILL WE BE HATED LIKE CHELSEA WAS.

We probably won't end up like them, my opinion is that we will end up a bit like wolves have, we will have our moment in the sun then we will drop down again until we might get lucky one year and finish 6th in the prem.

It's possible that the Netflix thing could turn us into some global brand with shirt sales and stuff but that would take years and probably take huge investment to pull randoms into becoming fans.

Over the years I think the vitriol of Chelsea buying the league has dropped dramatically, and I don't think Citeh really endured that hatred.
How would we feel if we were the new Chelsea?

Fuck me - some people are getting ridiculously carried away !! Starting comparing us with Chelsea and Man City is ludicrous - we are years away from where they are.

An injection of billionaire owners guarantees fuck all mate..........just ask...... er.......... our LAST billionaire owner ?? ;)

Over the years I think the vitriol of Chelsea buying the league has dropped dramatically, and I don't think Citeh really endured that hatred.

whose to say that our ownership are going to spend anything near what Abramovich has?
its quite possible they are going to play by stringent FFP rules

Have these owners said they're going to pump millions of quid in to transfers or are people just getting carried away??

Like Chelsea are.
ARE
This one comes up from time to time. Sports teams, like businesses, are singular entities, so 'is' is correct, theoretically. But it does sound rubbish.
Anyway, I doubt the takeover will make us the new Chelsea, City, whatever. I think it's impacts will be modest, initially.

Have these owners said they're going to pump millions of quid in to transfers or are people just getting carried away??
Massively carried away. Everything that has been released is suggesting that they are looking to continue the model that donald etc have started.

Since he bought the club in the summer of 2003, Blues supporters have never had it so good. Five Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups and two European trophies, including the Champions League, is undoubtedly a haul of which to be proud.30 Jun 2018

If that sort of success brings a bit of hate ....BRING IT ON !!!

You really didn't see it when City first got bought out by Abu Dhabi group did you?

Back