Will Mason Burstow come good?

I’d usually accept this, but he literally just turned around after a failed attempt and a pass found him rather than it being his positioning

I’m glad he scored, but I really hope it doesn’t make KLD/Speakman think he’s turned good and we don’t need an upgrade
They know he’s not all of a sudden turned into Henry, but they will use it as an excuse fo not getting anyone in.

That teams easily defended against and so predictable without a centre forward and a defensive midfielder. Yet it’s been going on 2 year.
I know it’s not our priority atm to go up, but we do need to help these young bucks out as at times they are overwhelmed

I thought his all round play yesterday was awful.

Pleased for him getting a goal mind.
Accurate. I think he lost every single duel against the defenders and was bullied by them, but in fairness was in the right position for the goal. Same goes for a lot of our big lads, then need to be much stronger and stop getting pushed about. Hume, 09, Ballard, are great examples to follow.

Rusyn should be first choice imho. The lad needs a run of games. Still can’t believe he was taken out the line up after scoring… shocking decision that.

Burstow will go back at the end of the season and hasn’t set the world alight, I’ve no idea how he’s around the first team. Yesterdays goal aside (as let’s be fair it was from 2 yards out and bundled over the line by their player)
We're absolutely desperate to be a shop window to the point we're helping Chelsea at our expense just so we can lick their arse for scraps again the future. It's f***ing disgusting.

Similar to playing Bellingham to our detriment (and his) cuz we're desperate for coin more importantly than results.

This is what it smells like to be a feeder club

Apparently works hard in training, but still looks far from the finished article for me.
I would start Jobe up there ok he not a striker but his hold up play and ability too beat a man and go forward and link play are far superior to both Rusyn & Burstow, with Rigg alongside Dan Neil.
I think we would be a better more attacking side.
Stick either forward on last 20 mins when Jobe knackered.

Course it's true. Why would we still be allowed the same number of loans if clubs couldn't stockpile players?
We would still be able to loan players even if there were limitations on the number of loans allowed.

My point as ever is that the concept of loaning a player from one club to another is fine and doesn’t need fixing. Loaning can be a mutually beneficial arrangement. The issue is that clubs can (& do) stockpile players and the rules could be better to prevent this

I was actually agreeing with your original post:

The loan system is shit.

I agree it’s the system that is wrong. Not the concept of loaning

Last edited:
We would still be able to loan players even if there were limitations on the number of loans allowed.

My point as ever is that the concept of loaning a player from one club to another is fine and doesn’t need fixing. Loaning can be a mutually beneficial arrangement. The issue is that clubs can (& do) stockpile players and the rules could be better to prevent this

I was actually agreeing with your original post:

The loan system is shit.

I agree it’s the system that is wrong. Not the concept of loaning
But they'd be more competition.
Banning loans would mean a fairer distribution of players.

If we were to get Burstow for less than 5 million it would be a statement of intent from our owners

“We mean business, Burstow is the business, just look at his goal this season!”

Back