Will Mason Burstow come good?

The concept of loans is fine and mutually beneficial but the volume that clubs like Chelsea participate in is obscene
Mutually beneficial in as the poorer clubs get the scraps, then if the player improves the club can't afford to sign him.
Out of all the really good loanees we've had only Borini was signed.
Welbeck, Evans, Rose, Alonso, Grabban, Given were improved but we were unable to sign them.

Mutually beneficial in as the poorer clubs get the scraps, then if the player improves the club can't afford to sign him.
Out of all the really good loanees we've had only Borini was signed.
Welbeck, Evans, Rose, Alonso, Grabban, Given were improved but we were unable to sign them.
A team who may not be able to afford a certain player or want to sign a permanent (eg: covering injury) can get a decent player in. All those loans (don’t know who Grabban is meant to be) were all good loans for us

A team who may not be able to afford a certain player or want to sign a permanent (eg: covering injury) can get a decent player in. All those loans (don’t know who Grabban is meant to be) were all good loans for us
Grabban was a loanee who was our top scorer while he was here

If they're wasn't a loan system clubs wouldn't stockpile players and the players I've mentioned would've been available to sign for other clubs
Another good loan! I thought we signed him tbh
Add diiallo to the list of players we've improved for their parent club.

Last edited:
I would like to think so. With him getting that goal under his belt he has to start him against boro and hope he builds on it. Cant do what he did to rusyn by dropping him after his first goal of the season. We Still need a striker in this window though.

Is it actually his goal? Looked like the keeper pushed it on to the defender and then it bounced in the net from where I was sat. Can't tell from the one angle on the replays.
Keeper didn't touch it, the bigger question is was it actually on target or going wide when the defender chested the ball in. Best replay was behind the goal but very hard to tell, needed a better angle to see it properly

(courtesy of Flusheding)

Another good loan for us, they keep coming!

The concept is fine, the volume allowed per club (linked to squad size) is the issue
The concept means the money clubs get richer by stockpiling players and selling them on after getting poorer clubs to give them games.
If people are happy with that fine, but they shouldn't complain about the wealth gap getting wider.

Keeper didn't touch it, the bigger question is was it actually on target or going wide when the defender chested the ball in. Best replay was behind the goal but very hard to tell, needed a better angle to see it properly

(courtesy of Flusheding)
Who cares. Might boost his confidence. Rusyn back in next week

The concept means the money clubs get richer by stockpiling players and selling them on after getting poorer clubs to give them games.
If people are happy with that fine, but they shouldn't complain about the wealth gap getting wider.
If they are allowed to stockpile players. That’s not what a loan needs to be. What you’re describing is the volume of players and loans clubs can have/use, which I agree is wrong and is abused. Not the concept if loaning itself, which is fine

If they are allowed to stockpile players. That’s not what a loan needs to be. What you’re describing is the volume of players and loans clubs can have/use, which I agree is wrong and is abused. Not the concept if loaning itself, which is fine

Teams should only be allowed to loan out 4 or 5 of their players (or something like that). I may have missed you or someone saying that as I can't be boshed looking back through the thread but if you did I agree

Teams should only be allowed to loan out 4 or 5 of their players (or something like that). I may have missed you or someone saying that as I can't be boshed looking back through the thread but if you did I agree
Yes I agree there should be limits. And possibly squad size too (although if loans are limited that would possibly naturally limit squad size). My position is that the concept of loaning a player to another team is sound and can be be beneficial all round. But it is abused by top teams (Chelsea have been bad for it) but that’s a problem with the rules, not the concept of loaning a player

If they didn't stockpile players the number of loans would plummet

Back