Will Mason Burstow come good?

Yes I agree there should be limits. And possibly squad size too (although if loans are limited that would possibly naturally limit squad size). My position is that the concept of loaning a player to another team is sound and can be be beneficial all round. But it is abused by top teams (Chelsea have been bad for it) but that’s a problem with the rules, not the concept of loaning a player

Agree with all of that especially the highlighted bit. Chelsea wouldn't be making money from loan fees with 2 or 3 teams of players out all over Europe, they also wouldn't have them all in the shop window as such so it wouldn't make sense for them to have that many players on their books anymore.

I would like to think so. With him getting that goal under his belt he has to start him against boro and hope he builds on it. Cant do what he did to rusyn by dropping him after his first goal of the season. We Still need a striker in this window though.

We seem to drop each striker after a goal or a good game. I thought Hemir gave a good account of himself last week only to get zero minutes this week. Similar happened to Rusyn.

I personally would send him back as I think all three are a much of a muchness (with burstow probably the worst) and I would rather give the others more game time.

We seem to drop each striker after a goal or a good game. I thought Hemir gave a good account of himself last week only to get zero minutes this week. Similar happened to Rusyn.

I personally would send him back as I think all three are a much of a muchness (with burstow probably the worst) and I would rather give the others more game time.
Hemir looked decent when he came off the bench last game. I dont rate hemir mind but he looked more interested in the few minutes he played off the bench last week compared to the entire season so far

I would like to think so. With him getting that goal under his belt he has to start him against boro and hope he builds on it. Cant do what he did to rusyn by dropping him after his first goal of the season. We Still need a striker in this window though.

I'd rather we didn't play with a striker and I f***ing hate not seeing a striker in the starting lineup

No. He was lucky to score from two yards out yesterday.
This. The goal looks even shiter looking at the replays, it literally fell to him by complete fluke 2 yards out and the keeper still got a touch on it.

The “told you so” brigade are crawling out the woodwork far too early here.

He’s shite and we need to strengthen.

Rusyn should be first choice imho. The lad needs a run of games. Still can’t believe he was taken out the line up after scoring… shocking decision that.

Burstow will go back at the end of the season and hasn’t set the world alight, I’ve no idea how he’s around the first team. Yesterdays goal aside (as let’s be fair it was from 2 yards out and bundled over the line by their player)

This. The goal looks even shiter looking at the replays, it literally fell to him by complete fluke 2 yards out and the keeper still got a touch on it.

The “told you so” brigade are crawling out the woodwork far too early here.

He’s shite and we need to strengthen.
To give him credit, strikers instinct to be in and around there & if you’re a couple of yards out with a defender & goalkeeper trying to stop the ball going over the line you’d expect interference.

I’m by no means his biggest fan, he would t have been anywhere near starting for me, but he did ok yesterday. No striker has looked anything better than ok this year. He might be shit next week, but I think he’s earned another start. If anything, because there’s no-one who’s a complete stand out as being able to do better than he did yesterday.

To give him credit, strikers instinct to be in and around there & if you’re a couple of yards out with a defender & goalkeeper trying to stop the ball going over the line you’d expect interference.
I’d usually accept this, but he literally just turned around after a failed attempt and a pass found him rather than it being his positioning

I’m glad he scored, but I really hope it doesn’t make KLD/Speakman think he’s turned good and we don’t need an upgrade

What is meant by "come good"? I can see him contributing more and becoming very useful to the squad. But I can't see being the 'answer'. We need a striker capable of challenging CB's, and holding up play, and hitting the onion bag.

Easily his best game, much more suited to the system we played. Don’t care if they go in off his arse so long as he scores every game.
Performance not worthy of a standing ovation but as said it should help his confidence. He looked part of a team today rather than a spare part
I thought the Leicester away game was his best, even though he didn't score. Absolutely relentless in pressing - which was our primary tactic. OK, we lost ... but we gave Leicester, runaway leaders who'd won 11 out of 12 at the time, a very good game.

Second best.

The biggest issues i have with Burstow is he's not our player and he's not shown any more promise than Ruysn or even Hemir.

If we are going to play a striker and hope they come good, then we may as well use the ones that are ours than one that won't be back next season.

I’d usually accept this, but he literally just turned around after a failed attempt and a pass found him rather than it being his positioning

I’m glad he scored, but I really hope it doesn’t make KLD/Speakman think he’s turned good and we don’t need an upgrade
If they have eyes they’ll not think he’s turned good

This...pleased the lad scored but overall I thought he was very poor yesterday, he's got to learn to get his body in front of the defender, and hold the ball up, he spend more time on his arse..
I thought he played alreet like, held the ball up ok looked a threat. We still don't play to a strikers strength the way we play so he has to work for the team and put himself about which I think he did yesterday. I won't lie I got him a jobe mixed up a few times like they are so similar in size and looks plusy eyesight is shit.

Back