Will Mason Burstow come good?

Surely no one can argue he's been at all effective so far. He has had possibly one shot in 7 or 8 appearances and for a striker that nowhere near acceptable. However, he is a decent height, he's very mobile and seems to make good runs suggesting some football intelligence. He's only 20 and playing for England U20's. Surely, he had more to offer. However, the other argument is that he's simply not good enough for this level and doesn't have the basic ability that can be coached to this level. I hope its the latter argument and it starts tonight. Having seen him play7 or 8 times for Sunderland we are certainly entitled to make an assessment. Thoughts?

Surely no one can argue he's been at all effective so far. He has had possibly one shot in 7 or 8 appearances and for a striker that nowhere near acceptable. However, he is a decent height, he's very mobile and seems to make good runs suggesting some football intelligence. He's only 20 and playing for England U20's. Surely, he had more to offer. However, the other argument is that he's simply not good enough for this level and doesn't have the basic ability that can be coached to this level. I hope its the latter argument and it starts tonight. Having seen him play7 or 8 times for Sunderland we are certainly entitled to make an assessment. Thoughts?

Hes been so ineffective I havent even noticed he was on the pitch in most games hes played

Hardly played blokes footy made some good runs but not being picked out by attacking midfielders - that turn in the box when he won a penna was from a ball played into feet from Hume.

He’s a young lad that we’re hoping will come good, but up until now he hasn’t particularly offered much.

I trust in the management team to pick the right team for the game ahead, and he must be the best option we have right now. It’ll be interesting to see what changes when Rusyn is settled more and Mayenda returns to full fitness. It doesn’t seem like Hemir is going to be challenging any time soon unfortunately.

He didn't look like scoring regularly at league 1 level, so going to be difficult to see him doing it in the championship. May be a good player in there but just looks lost in league football at the moment

Be people on soon to tell us he needs to play off a proper striker and isn’t a lone forward similar to the tripe we heard about gelhardt

My mate who's a right nerd on all things Chelsea messaged me as soon as we signed him - saying I hope you're not banking on him scoring goals for you.

Looks like he was bang on - seems a really decent lad but don't think he'll cut the mustard here.

Chelsea seem to like him enough to not want to sell him to us in the summer. He also played a few games for them at the start of the season.

Maybe a confidence thing, maybe tactics are too complicated or maybe he just hasn't hit the ground running?

Could be a number of things, but to have 4 new strikers, with different playing styles that have barely played or scored coming up to November suggests there's a deeper issue than them just being shite.

Back