Will Grigg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't lie, I absolutely read that as move into the area, as in the penalty box.

I wouldn't move up if I was him.

I honestly hope Grigg can turn it around and be a success for us. Time will tell if he can sort his act out or just take the easy route and leave for a club near manchester.

Not being funny but if Will f***ing Grigg cant buy into playing for Sunderland it says more about him than owt else.

All he has to does is do what he ‘normally’ does and score 20+ goals in a tinpot league and he will get us up.

If he isnt motivated to have an entire city and a club the size of us backing him, and favours some shithole like Wigan, then fuck
him.

Just read that Parkinson has advised Will Grigg to move to the area to improve his performances at Sunderland. I didn’t know that he didn’t live up here and thought that the days of players living miles away from the area had gone with the premiership days.
To me it highlights how he’s never been invested in the club from day one.
Should we be insisting on players settling in the area as part of their contracts to show their commitment to the club, the fans and the area? In the position we’re in we really need our players to “buy in” to our club, it’s history and the commitment to get back up the leagues. If they don’t want to be here, they’re not the right people to bring in IMO.
Fair play to Parky ....there are some great areas in Sunderland.All players should live in the City and the team should train once a week on the beach among the people of the City to see what it means when we win/lose.Dont know why this stopped years ago and what the problem is with a team mixing with the community that follows them.
Ive just watched our win v Mags at their place to cheer myself up (The one where big Tommy saved Sherers pen) and what was obvious was the total "togetherness" of that team.I forgot how good Micky Grays cross was for QUINNYS header and how much Hutchinson celebrated against "his team" ...our fans were magnificent as well.How far we have fallen ....but it would not take a lot to get it rolling again ...surely an investor who knows the game can see the potential.

Just read that Parkinson has advised Will Grigg to move to the area to improve his performances at Sunderland. I didn’t know that he didn’t live up here and thought that the days of players living miles away from the area had gone with the premiership days.
To me it highlights how he’s never been invested in the club from day one.
Should we be insisting on players settling in the area as part of their contracts to show their commitment to the club, the fans and the area? In the position we’re in we really need our players to “buy in” to our club, it’s history and the commitment to get back up the leagues. If they don’t want to be here, they’re not the right people to bring in IMO.
I completely agree. The name Michael Owen flying in via helicopter immediately came to mind. It says it all about the attitude of those type of players - not committed off the pitch and not committed on it either.

Absolute nonsense.

Having territory and possession doesn’t equal an attacking team. Sideways passing amongst your defenders and midfielders in your own half before lumping it forward isn’t anything to write home about. Yea, your stats will look fantastic, but your scorelines wont (sound familiar?).

How can you create a chance when the ball is fired at you from 40 yards, with 2 defenders near you and the closest team mate is 20 yards away? The ‘tactics’ Parkinson is utilising will never get the best out of Grigg.

Grigg’s career has been consistently good at this level. If you’re spending a daft amount of money on a player, you should at least play to their strengths.
Said this so many times before but just get abuse about how shit he is.
If you play the ball in to Griggs feet he will hold it up an very rarely does he lose it.
He likes to play off the shoulder of the last defender.
He is also a poacher, not one of his positives plays to the style of parkison so either change the style of play or don't play him.
I also said before playing Defoe in this squad with these tactics he would also look shit

Said this so many times before but just get abuse about how shit he is.
If you play the ball in to Griggs feet he will hold it up an very rarely does he lose it.
He likes to play off the shoulder of the last defender.
He is also a poacher, not one of his positives plays to the style of parkison so either change the style of play or don't play him.
I also said before playing Defoe in this squad with these tactics he would also look shit
He was playing shit well before PP turned up. Under Ross he was as below par as with PP. PP has a lot of faults but grigg form isn't one.

He was playing shit well before PP turned up. Under Ross he was as below par as with PP. PP has a lot of faults but grigg form isn't one.
I dont think he wants to be here. Not saying that Griggs form is Parkinsons fault as such but the fact is his style of play will never suit Grigg so there isn't any point in playing him.
When he was signed under Ross he was playing with an injury, wasn't match fit and had problems off the pitch, I just don't think at the time it was the right move for him or us.
The tactics Parkinson plays will never suit Grigg. I am no fan of Parkinson or his tactics but the problem is he is what we have got, so I've said before if that's the way he is going to play they need to allow him to bring players in that will succeed in that system.
Hopefully that will get us promoted, a new owner and a new manager

He doesnt want to be here. We dont want the lazy disinterested fucker here. What is the solution? Kick the bastard out of the club, if he wants to just sit around and get fatter, let him do it on his own, dont let him anywhere near the younger players as his attitude f***ing stinks, do we have any younger players left?

Anyone who can't see that from the first second on the first day he appeared in a Sunderland shirt, his body language was all wrong, must be bloody barmy.

He must be? Or we must be for signing the fucker?

He is now probably seriously fucked off because Wigan have been shafted. Could he get any f***ing grumpier?

Lazy piece of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back