Will Grigg

Sends an obvious signal that as long as we are paying him and Wyke they will both be our constantly swapped around strikers as each one does fuck all and PP under SD’s instructions to play those we have to pay !! Probably douses any chance of Maddison ever coming if PP is now talking about getting more out of Grigg. Yet again irrespective of what they say the main problem of a poor attack we will probably spend all our time on keeper and central defenders !!!

Yes. The administrator has to collect all the debts as part of the process. Even if the assets are sold on to a new company and the old one liquidated, the debts have to be collected for distribution to the creditors. What's not clear is the extent to which any provisional clauses will remain operative.
If the administrator wants to get as much as possible in the short term would he accept a smaller amount straight away rather than the whole debt staggered over years ?

If the administrator wants to get as much as possible in the short term would he accept a smaller amount straight away rather than the whole debt staggered over years ?

Negotiations like that are pretty much par for the course. Any decent insolvency practitioner will be well used to it. They don't want things dragging on for years, although, when I were a nipper (in accountancy terms), the firm I was with had one liquidation relating to a railway in Panama, that had been going since 1910, and never been finalised for some obscure reason.

Yes. The administrator has to collect all the debts as part of the process. Even if the assets are sold on to a new company and the old one liquidated, the debts have to be collected for distribution to the creditors. What's not clear is the extent to which any provisional clauses will remain operative.
Cheers GOM ✅

Sorry for getting people’s hopes up with this thread😂

it may of course be that PP has went public on this knowing that Grigg won’t move here properly in an effort to force his hand to fuck off somewhere else! Here’s hoping.

It really is a shame because he’s proved previously that there’s a player in there somewhere but I suppose this is the price you pay when you don’t do your scouting properly. Players in this league should be falling over themselves to play for our great club.

I suppose the 'not moving the whole family' aspect happens quite a bit these levels of footy (Danny Collins playing for Grimsby even though he still lived in Durham) but I assume it depends on the contract a player signs whether it's worth moving whole hog or live in the area part-time. You'd think the investment committed to Grigg would fall in the former category.

It's criminal scouting of the highest order.
How often has this club ignored the 'character' element of the recruitment process that the man in my avatar wrote the book on.
Disgraceful incompetence.

True. Although the gap between character and talent combo diminishes further down the league tables you go – in other words where we are.

Is it better to have team full of grafters with little skill or one overloaded with talent who have cajones the size of a gnat’s?

(I also suspect that, especially at Derby, Mr Taylor and Mr Clough were able to get players to drop down a level with a nice little incentive delivered in a brown paper bag!)

Our own fault for not insisting that players move up when they sign . We were that desperate to sign him. Griggs done nothing wrong in my opinion here

I suppose the 'not moving the whole family' aspect happens quite a bit these levels of footy (Danny Collins playing for Grimsby even though he still lived in Durham) but I assume it depends on the contract a player signs whether it's worth moving whole hog or live in the area part-time. You'd think the investment committed to Grigg would fall in the former category.

I think in this particular instance there is evidence that due to certain ‘decisions’ he had made, the future of his role within his immediate family trumped everything.

I hate him me. It’s one thing having players take the piss out of us whilst we are in the Premier League, it’s quite another having this talentless knacker moping about.

Wish he’d fuck off, he’s not fit lace Maja’s boots.

I mean his entire career to date is enough evidence he’s not a ‘talentless knacker’ at this level.

Maybe the manager and style of football (if you can call it that) is to blame? You could put Messi in our starting 11, but if we thump long balls up to him completely isolated from the rest of the team, I doubt he’d look any good too.

I don't really think this needs to be a stick to bash Grigg with. He's got a young family who are likely settled in the North West and he doesn't want to disturb their life. I've no issue with that in general, I'm sure it happens an awful lot in football.

If the manager thinks it's impacting his performance though, then I also don't see an issue in him asking him to move here.

The problem comes though when the club are on one hand trying to make him relocate and on the other, trying to offload him. I can understand his reluctance if that is the case.

I'd be prepared to wipe the slate clean and go again next season with the manager setting up a team that will give Grigg the opportunities he needs to succeed here.

When you read that interview he did in The Athletic he definitely gives the impression he regrets coming here.

It was all done so late in the day after we’d been linked with him for weeks beforehand. I get the impression he’d made his mind up to stay at Wigan where he seemed far happier, despite not being a regular in the side.

He doesn’t sound like the sort of player who is determined to make the most of his move. If he was really keen he should have been kicking Parkinson’s door in telling him the side need to play a certain way to get the best from him.

Grigg just seemed to shrug his shoulders and accept his wages.

I hate him me. It’s one thing having players take the piss out of us whilst we are in the Premier League, it’s quite another having this talentless knacker moping about.

Wish he’d fuck off, he’s not fit lace Maja’s boots.
Called it from the start, an absolute baffling singning. Makes it even worse the tit doesnt live up here.

Fans wanted him here for that stupid f***ing song and thats a shame it only comes with goals....

Back