Will Grigg

I'm just hoping upon hope that we can get the grigg out that was at Wigan. We didn't exactly play to his strengths ( I know he missed multiple glorious chances) but we've been exactly the same for years - we don't really create much. Maja being a one of cos he was extremely clinical.

Don't get the obsession with him, or others, living in the area, what difference does it make? Loads of people in an array of careers will spend the working week somewhere then go back home to their family.

I mean his entire career to date is enough evidence he’s not a ‘talentless knacker’ at this level.

Maybe the manager and style of football (if you can call it that) is to blame? You could put Messi in our starting 11, but if we thump long balls up to him completely isolated from the rest of the team, I doubt he’d look any good too.
Messi would look good, don't worry about that.
Although we have been nowhere near as dominant as we should have been at this level, Grigg has played for a team that has had the lions share of both territory and possession in the majority of games he's played. He's played in a team that finished 5th and 8th, not a struggling team. For the above reason he can't complain too much about a lack of service. Also, In the modern game a striker is expected to create some of his own chances and create chances for others.

Messi would look good, don't worry about that.
Although we have been nowhere near as dominant as we should have been at this level, Grigg has played for a team that has had the lions share of both territory and possession in the majority of games he's played. He's played in a team that finished 5th and 8th, not a struggling team. For the above reason he can't complain too much about a lack of service. Also, In the modern game a striker is expected to create some of his own chances and create chances for others.

Absolute nonsense.

Having territory and possession doesn’t equal an attacking team. Sideways passing amongst your defenders and midfielders in your own half before lumping it forward isn’t anything to write home about. Yea, your stats will look fantastic, but your scorelines wont (sound familiar?).

How can you create a chance when the ball is fired at you from 40 yards, with 2 defenders near you and the closest team mate is 20 yards away? The ‘tactics’ Parkinson is utilising will never get the best out of Grigg.

Grigg’s career has been consistently good at this level. If you’re spending a daft amount of money on a player, you should at least play to their strengths.

Absolute nonsense.

Having territory and possession doesn’t equal an attacking team. Sideways passing amongst your defenders and midfielders in your own half before lumping it forward isn’t anything to write home about. Yea, your stats will look fantastic, but your scorelines wont (sound familiar?).

How can you create a chance when the ball is fired at you from 40 yards, with 2 defenders near you and the closest team mate is 20 yards away? The ‘tactics’ Parkinson is utilising will never get the best out of Grigg.

Grigg’s career has been consistently good at this level. If you’re spending a daft amount of money on a player, you should at least play to their strengths.
Grigg hasn't always been successful at this level. See Brentford. It appears he will score goals as long as the team is set out precisely how he wants it and he has elite championship players around him like nick Powell. If you can't give him that he doesn't want to know. Although we don't have elite league one players like wigan had, Our expected goals XG last season wasn't bettered by many teams. Season before last we scored in nearly every game. Finished 5th and 8th. We should be much better than that, but that's not the kind of team that a truely top league one player would struggle to score in.

Grigg didn't join a struggling team. Danny Graham, now that's a player who played in a team without service.

Attempting to sign a player.

So son, where abouts in Sunderland do you live?

I don’t. I live in Peterborough cos I play here.

Sorry son. The deals off.

😀😉

Or more to the point,

So son, we will only sign players who are wholly committed to the club and what we want to achieve. This requires everyone to buy into the size and history of the club otherwise we’re not all pulling in the same direction. We will drive you and your family around the area to show you what’s available in terms of schooling, scenery, history and housing. Would you be prepared to move here with your family and immerse yourselves into life in the north east?
No?
Well fuck off then and continue to play for a tinpot club you mercenary fucktard!
Attempting to sign a player.

So son, where abouts in Sunderland do you live?

I don’t. I live in Peterborough cos I play here.

Sorry son. The deals off.

😀😉

Or more to the point,

So son, we will only sign players who are wholly committed to the club and what we want to achieve. This requires everyone to buy into the size and history of the club otherwise we’re not all pulling in the same direction. We will drive you and your family around the area to show you what’s available in terms of schooling, scenery, history and housing. Would you be prepared to move here with your family and immerse yourselves into life in the north east?
No?
Well fuck off then and continue to play for a tinpot club you mercenary fucktard!

Last edited:
Sums it up for that lad. I can't understand it. A player is bought for a league one record fee, has massive expectations on him to bring us back up the leagues but he can't be bother to relocate. You think he was moving halfway across the world. It's a few hours up the road. Career expectancy is roughly around 15years as a footballer and if you don't expect to relocate at the drop of a hat then you must be thick as mince especially with the money you earn. Sums his time up to a tee at the club. Parkinson shouldn't have to publicly tell him to relocate get rid of the fucker. Put in half arsed performances from day 1.

Sums it up for that lad. I can't understand it. A player is bought for a league one record fee, has massive expectations on him to bring us back up the leagues but he can't be bother to relocate. You think he was moving halfway across the world. It's a few hours up the road. Career expectancy is roughly around 15years as a footballer and if you don't expect to relocate at the drop of a hat then you must be thick as mince especially with the money you earn. Sums his time up to a tee at the club. Parkinson shouldn't have to publicly tell him to relocate get rid of the fucker. Put in half arsed performances from day 1.

To be fair to the shoite Brummie striker the owners only popped up for a pint so why should he relocate....

Parky has a genius for strategy and human psychology. He can decipher an break any “blocker” stopping a human being achieving their full potential.

His cunning wit and strategic nous has been evident with every syllable he has uttered in his resign with The Old Lady.

I said in a thread absolutely ages ago that I thought the reason he was so shit and not playing like the player he was at previous clubs was because he looked depressed, probably because he's away from his family all the time.

If he's splitting his time here with spending time in Wigan, he's obviously not going to be fully commited. He either needs to move his family up here and commit himself to the club, or fuck off.
You want him to commit himself to the club ? Prefer the second option !

Back