Will grigg

Yes I was there mate. To be honest the virtues of either player are hardly likely to bring a sweat out of any opposition defender.

Watmore this season - Appearances 22 Goals 2 Assists 3
Grigg this season - Appearances 26 Goals 3 Assists 1

Thats in all competitions.

I‘d love Watmore to be the threat we all hoped he’d be but try as I might I just can’t see much of a goal threat.

Grigg has had a while to stew and maybe he’s worth another chance from the bench.

Parkinson watches them day in, day out so he’ll be best placed to decide.
Watmore 22 Appearances yes. But for the most part 10 mins. I agree though he hasn't lived up to expectations, but i still feel he's a great player to bring from the bench.
Grigg however has started many games and doesn't seem to fit our system. Surprised he didn't go in the january transfer window

Alright Barry Norman, but I’m sure you get the point

Forrest Gump also never gets tackled. So your whole comparison is completely flawed from start to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never saw that mate, but if true would certainly give him 10 minutes. Parky does seem to have a knack of getting the best out of the players.

Just think we need all the help we can gwt with everyone winning around us. Grigg has been nothing short of useless but imagine if he comes on and scores a winner somewhere in the run in... We cant afford not to give anyone a chance if its the right circumstances.

All hands to the pump.... And all that shit.

A lot of players look a lot better playing in this system. Grigg clear has a lot higher ceiling than he has shown here. Wyke doesn't actually offer much as a target man. I would be open to give Grigg another run.

Of course, down to Parkinson.

Grigg had obviously lost all confidence but I can't help but think he could help us down the stretch. If he's feeling at least some confidence then just a matter of something falling for him to get him going. Oh, I know it's not a certainty but I can't help but feel he can find a bit of form yet.

Another player who will be prolific either side of his long, long goal drought with us.

Ay £3m plus addons, it would and is a massive decision to just write him off, but from a recouping the investment point of view, getting him into form could be huge, but not at any cost.

Watmore is a great impact sub and I like what Lafferty too, which leaves him as 3rd choice unfortunately. If we get an injury, God forbid, he will be needed.

Back