Will grigg

You do realise Watmore came off the bench and had an assist on our last minute equalizer in our last game...

Yes I was there mate. To be honest the virtues of either player are hardly likely to bring a sweat out of any opposition defender.

Watmore this season - Appearances 22 Goals 2 Assists 3
Grigg this season - Appearances 26 Goals 3 Assists 1

Thats in all competitions.

I‘d love Watmore to be the threat we all hoped he’d be but try as I might I just can’t see much of a goal threat.

Grigg has had a while to stew and maybe he’s worth another chance from the bench.

Parkinson watches them day in, day out so he’ll be best placed to decide.

I believe the next edition of the OED has a picture of Grigg next to the word half-arsed rather than a written definition.

Depends on how he gets on with the rest of the team. If they all love him and hes a bundle of fun that we don't know about then stick him in the squad.
if he's unpopular and a miserable get in training don't bother.

its mad cos if we didn't have him based on his goalscoring record he would be the exact player we would be craving. I still think he will have a big part to play in these remaining games.

I wouldnt mind giving him a few minutes if we're winning.

Hes been nothing short of shite since joining but we're not exactly blessed with forwards and our two main ones are very similar. Parkinson has said hes doing extra training and has been working hard to prove himself, so anything that could give us an edge over the other sides is worth thinking about.

I think if he's 100% fit and up for it he could do a bit better job than wyke with Parky's tactics, I reckon he has a bit more composure than charlie
I agree mate the style we are playing now would suit him better than the long high balls he was getting we Parkinson first came.
I know loads of people don't rate him and I can understand why but quite a few games when hes played if watched him closely and the one thing he does is if the ball is played to his feet he very rarely loses it, I do think that may suit the way we are playing now.
I know people will just go off his previous games but if we'd done that with Parkinson to start with hed have been sacked.
Give him a chance under the new system if it doesn't work then we'll know for sure this isn't the club for him

I’m always wary about writing strikers off, even Grigg.
Sometimes something can just spark them off and they can go on a prolific run, but I’m probably saying this more in hope than expectation.

Back