Why does Short get so much hate off the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've never understood it. He has seemingly pumped 10's/100's of millions into this club and gained little in return. Why the hate?

Same with Ashley up the road. Literally bank-rolled the mags for a decade yet gets vilified by the fans.

What am I missing?

He doesn't get any hate.

A few chants of "Are you watching Ellis Short"

He's been let off lightly by the fans imo.

He's actually bankrolled us far more than Ashley has with them. They run at a profit whereas we make huge losses every year that Short has to cover.

I dont hate him at all. He's put in best part of £200m to keep the club ticking over during the past 9 years but his big mistake, as an American with little knowledge of football, was surrounding himself with clueless idiots on the board instead of football people who could have guided him better.

I don't even have a major gripe with his managerial appointments. I was happy with each one when they were appointed. In fact Grayson is probably the only one I'm not really happy about so fingers crossed he proves me worng.
Jesus wept :lol:

Because he's not very good at being an owner.

I'd rate him at gareth hall level.
I was just thinking this, if you look at most Short supporters they tend to blame lazy, useless, money grabbing players for our demise yet say Short is absolved of all responsibility because he has pumped £££ into the club (why we are in debt). SO if short was a footballer what we he look like?

Runs around like a headless chicken and has an eye for a good own goal?

And then would he become a cult hero or would he simply be hated by the fans?

He's actually bankrolled us far more than Ashley has with them. They run at a profit whereas we make huge losses every year that Short has to cover.

I dont hate him at all. He's put in best part of £200m to keep the club ticking over during the past 9 years but his big mistake, as an American with little knowledge of football, was surrounding himself with clueless idiots on the board instead of football people who could have guided him better.

I don't even have a major gripe with his managerial appointments. I was happy with each one when they were appointed. In fact Grayson is probably the only one I'm not really happy about so fingers crossed he proves me worng.

Hasn't Ashley also surrounded himself with idiots? Is he more hands on than Shorty? Why has Shorty got it all so wrong? Saying that they have been relegated twice during our Premier stay and they still come back smelling of roses!

I agree. Bain reckons we're now "not for sale", and that Short wants to be here.

I'm all for having a rich Arab sugar daddy if we can find one, but is Short THAT bad/tight where we have to slate him everytime we lose a game?
So you think the man has shown good leadership and management acumen while he's been here? He's surrounded himself with unqualified fuckwits that have materially damaged his and our business and the image we project. Byrne, Gary The Hair, Di Fanti - it all stacks up against him.

Ok he's clearly good in the financial markets he made his money in but when it comes to footy his judgement is shocking.

:lol: pmsl

Says his track record over the past 4 seasons. And someone has to explain that to you
totally disagree , he has pumped millions in before and durig last 4 seasons , the fact that he has been let down by employees ( DOF , CEO , Manager , Players) that isn't because he doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart, I am eternally grateful for 10 yrs or so in the prem' under short , am hoping that this fresh start under grayson will work.
Thing short should also be commended for binning the takeover if it wasn't right for the future of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back