Why does Short get so much hate off the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollix if he hadn't he'dve sold the club to the german consortium & left them to it
:lol: pmsl

Fuck sake. If the best you can do is stir shit mate then why bother even posting on here? Might aswell go shitpost on 4chan or something.

This is a football discussion board. If you don't like it, fuck off.

Says who though?

Says his track record over the past 4 seasons. And someone has to explain that to you

Fuck sake. If the best you can do is stir shit mate then why bother even posting on here? Might aswell go shitpost on 4chan or something.

This is a football discussion board. If you don't like it, fuck off.

Says who though?

Calm down dear

This topic has been covered thousands of times. It's boring now.

I've never understood it. He has seemingly pumped 10's/100's of millions into this club and gained little in return. Why the hate?

Same with Ashley up the road. Literally bank-rolled the mags for a decade yet gets vilified by the fans.

What am I missing?

He's actually bankrolled us far more than Ashley has with them. They run at a profit whereas we make huge losses every year that Short has to cover.

I dont hate him at all. He's put in best part of £200m to keep the club ticking over during the past 9 years but his big mistake, as an American with little knowledge of football, was surrounding himself with clueless idiots on the board instead of football people who could have guided him better.

I don't even have a major gripe with his managerial appointments. I was happy with each one when they were appointed. In fact Grayson is probably the only one I'm not really happy about so fingers crossed he proves me worng.

He's largely destroyed the club. Made us a national laughing stock, dragged us through numerous unpleasant scandals, proven he's incapable of a single sound decision, wasted the riches of a decade in the world's richest leagues, handled himself badly in public, appointed idiots, knee jerked his way through 10 years of idiocy, etc etc.

The image he attempts to portray of being a mere fan and genial oaf who throws money around is utterly ludicrous.

Fans are well intentioned, but its a few know nowts that fan the flames and eventually their repetition of blatant lies becomes truth tonthe sheeple.
A wicked few can have a powerful effect when things are going bad.
Truth is short deserves freedom of the city, at least one statue and definitely a stand at the sol named after him for stopping us being swallowed like a frog by a python.
I could understand if it was high falutin finance that was clouding people's views but it is basic arithmetic sadly.
Never mind history will show what a fantastic man he was to our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back