Why do people dislike Jeremy Clarkson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are we talking about the Jeremy Clarkson character on TV or the actor who plays him?

The actor is laughing all the way to the bank after carving a niche that hit the jackpot. Like the character who sits at the desk with a pen in his hand on Pointless. Or the Irish lad who dresses up as a granny. I've no problem with that. I wouldn't ever watch any of them on TV mind but I know millions do, so fair play to them.

The character is a boring bellend who glorifies overconfident driving but appeals to a particular audience.

I generally took Top Gear to be 3 midlife crisis blokes trying to hide being Home Counties pub bores by arsing around in cars and making a fairly entertaining show.

My opinion began to change when they went to Alabama, made a few sweeping generalisations, and tried their hardest to wind up the locals with their cars.

Clarkson then expressed anger and surprise when they were chased out of town and out of the state. If you go looking for trouble in any part of the globe, you generally find it, although he seemed to think that ought not to apply to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back