Why do people dislike Jeremy Clarkson?

Met Jezza in a hotel in Birmingham after I`d been to the motor show one year.
There was a reason he came over to our table in the bar but I cant remember what it was.
Anyway he sat with us for about 30 mins then ordered a round of drinks and left.
Nice fella

He’s a pompous privately educated prick who pretends to be the man in the street but wouldn’t actually be seen dead in a street unless it was in Holland Park or St Johns Wood. Brogues, stonewashed denim, blue blazer and pink shirt was the last outfit I saw him in and that was in Notting Hill.....he must’ve been slumming it.

He’s a pompous privately educated prick who pretends to be the man in the street but wouldn’t actually be seen dead in a street unless it was in Holland Park or St Johns Wood. Brogues, stonewashed denim, blue blazer and pink shirt was the last outfit I saw him in and that was in Notting Hill.....he must’ve been slumming it.

According to Wikipedia, he comes from a seemingly working class background and his parents hit lucky with a business selling snide Paddington Bear toys enabling them to pay for his education. He was expelled from the school.
Says he worked as a travelling salesman whilst training as a journalist on a local paper.
Good on his parents for wanting to do the best for their kid though.

According to Wikipedia, he comes from a seemingly working class background and his parents hit lucky with a business selling snide Paddington Bear toys enabling them to pay for his education. He was expelled from the school.
Says he worked as a travelling salesman whilst training as a journalist on a local paper.
Good on his parents for wanting to do the best for their kid though.
Sounds like one of those stories with the odd paragraph, if not chapter missing.

Apart from the well documented stuff I find him smug and lacking any attributes that makes me bond with fellow humans
Very easy to dislike
May and The little bloke aren't so bad but how they fawn over him is embarrassing

Totally agree about the little bloke - he's embarrasingly craven around Clarkson, even aping the cadences in his speech.

I like him on Millionaire mind, he doesn’t even attempt to hide his dislike of some contestants. The jibe about that posh contestant’s “awful jacket” was brilliant, as I had already passed similar comment as he walked up to his seat.

The correlation with those people who like Clarkson and voted for Brexit is very strong. Ironic, as he is a strong advocate for remain which has pissed off much of his core ‘support’

Encouraging people to waste the RSPCAs money by taking advantage of freepost to send bricks etc., to punish their stance on foxhunting was a proper twat's trick like.

Can't find anything about that on Google, but if people actually did do as he suggested then that is their stupid fault. "If Clarkson told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?"

Back