Why do people dislike Jeremy Clarkson?

A bully who needs someone to put him on his arse next time he tries it on.

A bully who needs someone to put him on his arse next time he tries it on.
I always like to imagine that had the bloke he punched been a bit lairy, he would've wiped the blood off his lip, stood up & said "Reeto them, fat lad, if that's how it is let's finish it properly outside" Reckon his arse would've went, JC banked on his "I'm the presenter of a programme that makes millions for the Beeb, I can't be touched!" persona

I always like to imagine that had the bloke he punched been a bit lairy, he would've wiped the blood off his lip, stood up & said "Reeto them, fat lad, if that's how it is let's finish it properly outside" Reckon his arse would've went, JC banked on his "I'm the presenter of a programme that makes millions for the Beeb, I can't be touched!" persona

Like all bullies he picks his targets carefully. I reckon most lads I know would put the silly tit on his arse.

Of course not Pip. I for one thought it was all real, every episode, and had no concept that they did storylines that encouraged lazy stereotyping in amongst all the jolly japes.
The stilted delivery of the scripted dialogue is the funniest part of the show. As for the audience - compared to them the old Top of the Pops audiences look spontaneous and original.

Hell's teeth, is he still doing Millionnaire? Though that whole 'ask the host' feature would be the end of him.

It was laughably bad.

I generally took Top Gear to be 3 midlife crisis blokes trying to hide being Home Counties pub bores by arsing around in cars and making a fairly entertaining show.

My opinion began to change when they went to Alabama, made a few sweeping generalisations, and tried their hardest to wind up the locals with their cars.

Clarkson then expressed anger and surprise when they were chased out of town and out of the state. If you go looking for trouble in any part of the globe, you generally find it, although he seemed to think that ought not to apply to him.
Modern day Last of the Summer Wine

Wasn't the person he hit in his tantrum over not getting a steak a BBC producer? So someone well down the pecking order from the star talent. Never liked the bloke, whoever said pub bore above was right - that kind of smug, know-it-all, think they're funnier than they are and think that things are even funnier if you say them...in a stupid...voice and...intonation, middle-aged bloke who has their own glass in the pub for a 'foaming pint of your best bitter, mine host' type.

Mind, if you basted Clarkson in his nastiest mood with shit and left him close to the fire to melt, you'd then get Rod Liddle.

Wasn't the person he hit in his tantrum over not getting a steak a BBC producer? So someone well down the pecking order from the star talent. Never liked the bloke, whoever said pub bore above was right - that kind of smug, know-it-all, think they're funnier than they are and think that things are even funnier if you say them...in a stupid...voice and...intonation, middle-aged bloke who has their own glass in the pub for a 'foaming pint of your best bitter, mine host' type.

Mind, if you basted Clarkson in his nastiest mood with shit and left him close to the fire to melt, you'd then get Rod Liddle.

Summed up perfectly. Would drink in the rosedene

I have no interest in cars and don't care for many of his social/political espousals and yet I've always liked Jeremy Clarkson. He's an original and witty.

Apart from the well documented stuff I find him smug and lacking any attributes that makes me bond with fellow humans
Very easy to dislike
May and The little bloke aren't so bad but how they fawn over him is embarrassing

Back