Who was a regular match attender in the third division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to most of the matches home and away that season. Most enjoyable away match was Brentford. Sunderland took over far west London .

Only missed 2 night games at home, was only 12 when the season started. Probably my favourite season, that one or the year we beat the Mags in the play off. Love that team, my heros.

Aye. Kept my season ticket even though we had been relegated and didn’t’ miss a home game.
Few pints beforehand then into the chippy opposite the New Derby for a Cowboy Snack :)

Went to every home game.
Cost £2.50 for an U16 then in the Roker end.
Did a few aways too, Brentford , York , Rotherham.

It was fun however the gravy train as it is now wasnt such a massive part of football . There was hope too and a eager manager with some raw players . Look at the utter carnage we have now and we are a million miles from it .

Me. I was at 43 games that season. The standard of football was appalling.

But players like Marco, Gatesy, Monty MacPhail a my name sake made it worth while. We had some players who would run through brick walls for us and after my birthday, 7th November we were a force.

Grimsby at home was my first ever match. Drew 1-1. We equalised with a penalty iirc

My 12th birthday, was one of the night games I was allowed to go to. This also tells me my original post was wrong, I was only 11 when the season started.

Last edited:
Just had a look on Stat Cat, only lost 2 all season at home. 3rd Oct till 22 Apr unbeaten in the league at home, imagine that after the last few seasons man.

I went to a fair few games home and away that season. Once it had sunk in where we were,I really enjoyed it;some ropey old grounds though-Northampton’s three sided shithole being the worst. Mind you we won 2-0,so it wasn’t that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back