Who was a regular match attender in the third division

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first season but I think I only went to four or five matches. Clockstand seats with a 4-2 win over York was my first.

Past 5 -6 yrs I've missed more than I've gone to as I've genuinely lost interest in top flight modern stale Shute football.
I'm more tempted to look at what offers they have for a box for the season as I think with the right buyers behind us things could get more like it used to be.
Recently even the mags game has been less intense ..so a period of absence might reignite how things used to be.

crackin season tbf, took the nephew on his thirteenth birthday to see us pump seven up Southend there mate. talk about coming of age ffs

Was saying the exact same yesterday, my first real memory of the “seats” top right hand corner of the main stand, Notts County at home remember being a big game that season. Last home game of the season Northampton was Bank Holiday Monday, highest crowd that season in north east, 29k.

I was thinking of the Notts County game from the start of the thread.

I was in the Fulwell and it was a nice day and a canny crowd but all I can remember is the crowd singing "Who's that bastard in the black".

I did every home game plus 2 or 3 away's. Was a first year degree student at the time and money was tight so the away's were mainly too expensive for me. I strongly suspect that next season will see me do my most away games ever.

I normally do all the homes and half the aways these days, but there are lots of grounds in the lower leagues I have not seen Sunderland at (even though I have been to most of them as a neutral).

Last edited:
I was thinking of the Notts County game from the start of the thread.

I was in the Fulwell and it was a nice day and a canny crowd but all I can remember is the crowd singing "Who's that bastard in the black".

That game still haunts me..i was 10 and the county full back handled the ball in build up to there goal...i still haven't got over this

Me, started 84/85 season and since then there's not been too much to shout about other than the odd promotion and decent spell under Reidy and the odd cup final - whey it hasn't been that bad :lol:

I was there.
Gillingham game to relegate us was the most horrible I've ever attended, euphoria to to total depression in seconds as the goals went in.
But at least there was hope for Division 3, there was the makings of a reasonable team with a couple of signings, which thankfully happened.
Not sure a similar platform is there now, too many loan players and there's sure to be cherry-picking of the likes of Asoro and McNair.

Doesn't matter. We'll be back. I'm renewing, in it for the long haul, thousands and thousands of fans eventually will be greater than one absent man's ineptitude.

Went to every home game, but I don’t think of the season as anything other than mission completed as always felt a bit arrogantly it was below us. Dennis Smith deserves a statue as much as Stokoe for taking us from those depths all the way to the top again. He knew how to buy players for the lower leagues.

Great season, went every home and away game, I remember Huddersfield away when they had no tannoy so they had to walk around the pitch with a banner telling away fans to remain in the ground after the final whistle :)

went to all the home games and a load of away .Coaches on from The Chesters/ Board Inn great days .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back