Whisky

Might give one of them a go..
Which if any do you fancy ?

I’d have gone for the Benrinnes if they hadn’t finished it in a sherry cask. Since that’s not the case I’ll go for the Aultmore and Ardmore at the foot of the list. I’d have considered the Lowland but there’s a few bottles I’d like from tomorrow’s SMWS release too.

I'm not a big peat head my level is around HP 18 , never tried anything matured in a ex heavily peated cask before what kind of peat influence are you looking at ?

Last edited:
I like the sound of the Blair Athol and the Lowland. What's the crack with the storage v postage?
You have the option when buying to get them delivered immediately or put into storage. Whiskybroker charge (from memory) £9.99 delivery for 1-6 bottles. So shipping for 6 bottles is exactly the same as 1 bottle. If you’re only buying 1 bottle then effectively on a £50 bottle you are paying an extra 20% for delivery.

I tend to just put mine into storage and then get them delivered 6 at a time making the shipping £1.70 per bottle instead of £9.99. Cheapskate I know :lol:

@moanjam @shakerman

Have you got bottles in the current Scotch Whisky Auction ?

Just reviewed my watch list and all malts have hit my limits on what I'd pay ( well apart from a few remaining Big Peat's)

I know shakerman has mentioned a lot of "overpriced" stuff may be o/seas buyers who can't get bottles from whisky retailers, but some of the bids :eek:
Watching a lot of Octomore...I'm out :lol:

@moanjam @shakerman

Just reviewed my watch list and all malts have hit my limits on what I'd pay ( well apart from a few remaining Big Peat's)

I know shakerman has mentioned a lot of "overpriced" stuff may be o/seas buyers who can't get bottles from whisky retailers, but some of the bids :eek:

I’ve got 15 bottles in the auction. Most of it highly sherried stuff I’m unlikely to drink and a couple of Japanese bottles. Nothing from Islay amongst mine.

@moanjam @shakerman

Aye I've got 11 bottles in swa , first time I've used them decided to have a bit of a clear out of some bottles I'd never drink, none from Islay, and buy a few I will drink got a few on there I'm watching myself , I've also noticed that some bottles are going for more than you can buy them retail for it's got to be overseas buyers

Last edited:
Watching all sorts, from all regions, inc Indy and OB.
Quite like being nosey to see what stuff goes for, in the three or four auctions I’ve been on I’ve not bought anything yet
( been disciplined enough to back out when they reach my limit)

Watching all sorts, from all regions, inc Indy and OB.
Quite like being nosey to see what stuff goes for, in the three or four auctions I’ve been on I’ve not bought anything yet
( been disciplined enough to back out when they reach my limit)

I usually take a gander at the start of the auction, bid with max limits on anything I’m interested in then go back when the auction is over. Less temptation that way. However, because I’ve got bottles in the auction and check the total most evenings my discipline has waned a little on this one.

I have noticed there seem to be more bids on WhiskyAuctioneer than there were prior to SWA closing for COVID.

Back