Whisky

They quite often don’t release 100% of their stock in one go so it’s always worth monitoring if you’ve missed something you wanted.

Limited myself to one bottle...just about to replace my turbo trainer and spending far more than initially thought I was going to.

Will therefore resist WB on Monday even if they're cracking value

What are people drinking tonight then ?

Limited myself to one bottle...just about to replace my turbo trainer and spending far more than initially thought I was going to.

Redbreast Irish. Not sure of 12 or 15 yet . Just a couple of small ones for nose and sip. ;)

Not selected a lineup this evening but starting with a 22yo Caperdonich and a 24yo Glenburgie. How about you?

Last edited:
Not selected a lineup this evening but starting with a 22yo Caperdonich and a 24yo Glenburgie. How about you?

nice...well the Glenburgie, never heard of Caperdonich :lol:

bought some Bunnahabhain samples from whisky.nl ( only site I’ve seen who do 6cl ones)

maybe the 12 and samples of their retail an cladagh and the 18 as well as their peated ( Toiteach I think it is)

No outside bike tomorrow due to wind, so can overindulge a bit 👍

just googled the Caperdonich 22 ...ouch ;) Enjoy

Last edited:
I was going to buy the Blair Athol from WB but didn't due to the red wine cask. What difference will that make to the taste?

Usually adds red berries to the nose and palette and often a drier, oakier finish. Occasionally can add sulphur notes.
just googled the Caperdonich 22 ...ouch ;) Enjoy

The Caperdonich is this one. People are asking silly money for it on whiskybase given what it retailed at. Caperdonich is an interesting distillery, has a unique mustard fruit character which I really like.

Last edited:
I only buy to drink never to flip or as an investment...... but I'm honestly tempted to start offloading some of my own bottles at these prices!

some crazy prices on there...taking aside hard to get hold of currently, Ardbeg Wee Beastie with RRP of £37 ish going for £75 before hammer and shipping.

Some of the collectible stuff mental prices :eek:

Does anyone have grades of whisky or bourdon that they own?

You know special stuff,drinking when pissed as a newt at 3am and such?
Yes. As said previously. Now have 9 years worth of whisky and bourbon to toast my parents on special occasion like birthdays, memories.

Cheapest was £48 and most expensive was £100.

Normal drinks are between £20 and £40

My bottles are presently collectively going for £8k more than I expected.

Does anyone have grades of whisky or bourdon that they own?

You know special stuff,drinking when pissed as a newt at 3am and such?

I have a few very decent bottles though I don’t really keep them for special occasions - I usually crack them with friends. The exception is 1 bottle I’m keeping for my 50th, though that’s a few years away yet.

Last edited:
some crazy prices on there...taking aside hard to get hold of currently, Ardbeg Wee Beastie with RRP of £37 ish going for £75 before hammer and shipping.

Some of the collectible stuff mental prices :eek:
Was looking at 18yo Yamazaki just there, 70cl going for around £400, 5cl going for £800 :eek:

Yes. As said previously. Now have 9 years worth of whisky and bourbon to toast my parents on special occasion like birthdays, memories.

Cheapest was £48 and most expensive was £100.

Normal drinks are between £20 and £40

Yes got some Jura for drinking.Same applies to Bourdons that I just crack open and have with ice.

Back