Whisky

I have received my delivery from Loch Fyne and the quality of the packaging was exceptional. There was absolutely no chance of the bottle being damaged. I shall be testing the product later this week.

I have received my delivery from Loch Fyne and the quality of the packaging was exceptional. There was absolutely no chance of the bottle being damaged. I shall be testing the product later this week.
green welly stop (now tyndrum whisky ) package superbly as well..always happy to buy from these type of places as they tend to have much better relationships with the independant bottlers so have a much better range

MoM have the Aberlour A'Bunadh on offer today only.
Just ordered that and an Elements of Islay cask strength one
Wasn't that keen on A'Bunadh when I had a bottle.. nothing wrong with the batch or owt just found it carried too much burn, had to dilute it too much to drink it. I've sipped stronger cask strength whisky with no water and enjoyed it (Benromach for example) hen there's things like Uggi where the balance is perfect...

Wasn't that keen on A'Bunadh when I had a bottle.. nothing wrong with the batch or owt just found it carried too much burn, had to dilute it too much to drink it. I've sipped stronger cask strength whisky with no water and enjoyed it (Benromach for example) hen there's things like Uggi where the balance is perfect...

not had a bottle for years, partly due to prices creeping up over time.
will see what this batch is like

Doh! Updated link
Tomatin have lost the plot with the pricing of their latest distillery exclusives. £145 for a 7yo PX! I was at the distillery about 14 months ago and there was a 19yo PX for £120.
Seems to be happening a lot with whisky IMO, a lot of stuff tends to be overpriced in comparison to quite recent prices as you say. The secondary market has a lot to answer for I'd imagine.

Just bought Oban Distiller's Edition, register and use 'welcome10' for an extra 10% off taking it down to £49 ish.

Oban Distillers Edition

Also, couldn't resist another Berry Bros Sherry Cask from Amazon, for £24 with 10% subscribe (just cancel the subscribe before they ship another)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berry-Brothers-Rudd-Classic-Matured/dp/B07CNQMHN5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1XKSHI7C37TXT&dchild=1&keywords=berry+brothers+&+rudd&qid=1591552952&rnid=1642204031&s=alcohol&sprefix=berry,aps,155&sr=1-1

bought another of the a Berry Bros Islay.. was down to £23 :eek:

bought another of the a Berry Bros Islay.. was down to £23 :eek:

I keep meaning to try the others, but every time I go on my hand keeps clicking on the Sherry one. Just checked, it's back to £29...let me know next time you see it

Last edited:
I keep meaning to try the others, but every time I go on my hand keeps clicking on the Sherry one

Sherry one is nice..and an absolute steal at the price.
Only bottle still waiting for is the Kilkerran Heavily peated, Tyndrum waiting to receive stock from Glengyle as still in shutdown

cant wait to try the bugger

Sherry one is nice..and an absolute steal at the price.
Only bottle still waiting for is the Kilkerran Heavily peated, Tyndrum waiting to receive stock from Glengyle as still in shutdown

cant wait to try the bugger
Aye, I've been looking to pickup another Kilkerran 12. I've finished the one I had but there's not many places got them in stock for under £40 with shipping. I'm sure that'll be sorted soon enough.

Back