Whisky

I can't get away with Talisker 10 like

not my favourite by any means but pretty decent and often have a bottle in...be a dull world if everyone liked the same stuff.
just finishing off with last bit of Laphraoig cask strength...

early bike ride in morning :cry:

not my favourite by any means but pretty decent and often have a bottle in...be a dull world if everyone liked the same stuff.
just finishing off with last bit of Laphraoig cask strength...

early bike ride in morning :cry:

I should like it but drinking it is a chore. Really don't like it and I can't put my finger on why

Enjoy your Laphroaig marra, I'm drinking Carling at my parents, trying to escape and get a few quarter casks in

is lovely...not had a bottle for a while.
Saw that offer but missed out on it
I expected more burn with it's ABV but nope, just stunning. Do you ever rub whisky into your hands (just a drop) and then smell them..? This is amazing, with the aroma of peat you could almost be stood in Islay, beautiful
is lovely...not had a bottle for a while.
Saw that offer but missed out on it
Which one would you recommend the highest, this or Laphroaig cask strength? Cos I'm yet to try that and I notice they've just released batch 12....

Last edited:
I expected more burn with it's ABV but nope, just stunning. Do you ever rub whisky into your hands (just a drop) and then smell them..? This is amazing, with the aroma of peat you could almost be stood in Islay, beautiful

Which one would you recommend the highest, this or Laphroaig cask strength? Cos I'm yet to try that and I notice they've just released batch 12....

like them both, in fact the reason I didn’t buy the Ardbeg was that I thought I might get th Laphraoig 12 CS ( only had the 10 CS) not sure on pricing but expect it to be quite a bit more than the Ugeadail, which often all in their core range.

I've went for Glendronach 21 Parliament and Benriach 12 sherry wood from The Whisky Shop. Both on sale and another 10% off with the code on their homepage

I've went for Glendronach 21 Parliament and Benriach 12 sherry wood from The Whisky Shop. Both on sale and another 10% off with the code on their homepage

I normally avoid the whisky shop as over priced...but there are a few things I'm tempted with there. The Glendronach 18 is as "cheap" as I've seen and there's a Independent Talisker 8 which looks interesting

I normally avoid the whisky shop as over priced...but there are a few things I'm tempted with there. The Glendronach 18 is as "cheap" as I've seen and there's a Independent Talisker 8 which looks interesting
Correct, generally very overpriced. I'd price-check anything they're selling before you buy. Quite often their 'sale' prices are more than you pay elsewhere as standard.

They now own Loch Fyne Whisky, so you see the same similar strange prices there too. I like the free shipping.

Correct, generally very overpriced. I'd price-check anything they're selling before you buy. Quite often their 'sale' prices are more than you pay elsewhere as standard.

They now own Loch Fyne Whisky, so you see the same similar strange prices there too. I like the free shipping.

makes sense now you mention it, loads of products identically matched.
Loch Fyne one of the few to offer free shipping on relatively low basket value.

It is mate. I've had my eye on NZ whisky for a while, I wanted the 1992 cask strength initially but this was two thirds of the cost and given the amount I've spent on whisky lately...

I'll probably keep a hold of it until I meet up with my family so it'll provide a talking point if nothing else

I tried this again last night and unfortunately I think you’re going to be disappointed. It’s very thin and the palette is predominantly cardboard.

not get along with him ;)
Haha aye, it's only a 50cl bottle so I'll open it when there's a few of us, a glass each then it's gone. If it is as bad as what shakerman suggests then it'll be quickly forgotten about. It's one I had to try though, well any from the NZ collection, cos since I saw them I've always fancied one

had any of the First Editions bottlings ? Any good ? There is a Benrinnes sitting in my basket

not get along with him ;)

I’ve had a few First Editions but not a Benrinnes. If it’s a bourbon cask Benrinnes you can rarely go wrong though. This Cadenheads expression is very decent.
Haha aye, it's only a 50cl bottle so I'll open it when there's a few of us, a glass each then it's gone. If it is as bad as what shakerman suggests then it'll be quickly forgotten about. It's one I had to try though, well any from the NZ collection, cos since I saw them I've always fancied one

I’ve chosen poorly when buying NZ whisky. I have another Cadenheads NZ bottle whichI regard as the worst whisky I’ve ever tried. That and a vietnamese snake wine usually make an appearance when I have mates round and everyone is too pissed to care what they’re drinking.

Last edited:
I’ve had a few First Editions but not a Benrinnes. If it’s a bourbon cask Benrinnes you can rarely go wrong though. This Cadenheads expression is very decent.

I’ve chosen poorly when buying NZ whisky. I have another Cadenheads NZ bottle whichI regard as the worst whisky I’ve ever tried. That and a vietnamese snake wine usually make an appearance when I have mates round and everyone is too pissed to care what they’re drinking.

Never bought from Cadenheads before...just had a mooch and some stuff I fancy.

Back