Whisky

The Whisky Shop have some decent reductions today, I've picked up Arran 18 and Glen Scotia 15 for £99 the pair (after a further 10% discount). I'm not looking on-line for a while, spent far too much recently.

There are some very decent drams in the latest North Star Spirits batch release, though the pricing isn’t as good as it has been in the past. I suspect the heavily sherried 15yo Longmorn will fly off the shelves - I’ve bought a bottle of that as well as an 18yo bourbon cask Bowmore. There’s a 40yo blend for £110 which I’ll probably snap up too.

The Whisky Shop have some decent reductions today, I've picked up Arran 18 and Glen Scotia 15 for £99 the pair (after a further 10% discount). I'm not looking on-line for a while, spent far too much recently.

aye the Glen Scotia is in my basket...along with Benriach sherry wood.
Just deciding whether I click order...again spending more than usual

Oban distillers edition only £45...
Just thinking what is the most you've spent on a bottle and was it worth it.
I paid £375 for a Benromach 1976, a mere drop in the ocean when you look at the price of some bottles these days but that's the most I've paid. Was a bargain n'all cos everywhere else it's £500. Haven't drank it though, '76 is the year I was born so I'm hanging onto it for a while.
There are some very decent drams in the latest North Star Spirits batch release, though the pricing isn’t as good as it has been in the past. I suspect the heavily sherried 15yo Longmorn will fly off the shelves - I’ve bought a bottle of that as well as an 18yo bourbon cask Bowmore. There’s a 40yo blend for £110 which I’ll probably snap up too.
Where do you find those then?

Last edited:
Just deciding whether I click order...again spending more than usual
Tell me about it, I dare not look at any other whisky sites this month.
Replaced my Glenfarclas 15, Glendronach 12, Port Charlotte 10 along with 2 bottles of Ardbeg Uigeadail when that was on offer at MOM. Ended up buying 6 SMWS bottlings this month when I normally keep it down to a couple.
I've also got 6 bottles waiting for delivery in my Whiskybroker storage but I dare not arrange delivery until I know she will be out :oops:

Oban distillers edition only £45...

I paid £375 for a Benromach 1976, a mere drop in the ocean when you look at the price of some bottles these days but that's the most I've paid. Was a bargain n'all cos everywhere else it's £500. Haven't drank it though, '76 is the year I was born so I'm hanging onto it for a while.

Where do you find those then?

Most aren’t on general release yet, though Royal Mile Whiskies have the Bowmore and Longmorn available before everyone else as part of a collaboration.
Replaced my Glenfarclas 15, Glendronach 12, Port Charlotte 10 along with 2 bottles of Ardbeg Uigeadail when that was on offer at MOM. Ended up buying 6 SMWS bottlings this month when I normally keep it down to a couple.
I've also got 6 bottles waiting for delivery in my Whiskybroker storage but I dare not arrange delivery until I know she will be out :oops:

Buying gets addictive.

Last edited:
The most expensive bottles I’ve bought and drunk are OB Brora for around £1200. I’ve paid more for bottles when you could play the auction market for profit a few years ago but always re-sold them.
Outstanding, that's so far out of my league.
Hahaha, I'm exactly the same with Whiskybroker, 6 put by and waiting for lockdown to finish so I can't get them delivered in secret.

Last edited:
Pleased to read I'm not the only one going silly with whisk(e)y purchasing recently :lol:

I daren't add up exactly what I have spent in the last 3 months or more, all I know is it's a LOT more than I'd ever have dreamt I would this time 3 months ago...

On the plus side I now have some excellent whisk(e)y in my collection, stuff I'd always wanted but hadn't taken the plunge and bought until now.

Most aren’t on general release yet, though Royal Mile Whiskies have the Bowmore and Longmorn available before everyone else as part of a collaboration.

Buying gets addictive.
Gonna open my bottle of Sirius next month over my birthday weekend, looking forward to it. Was tempted to buy a Vega 1976 from a recent auction but the price rose a bit too high for me to justify it at the min.
May be some interested in this, although to enter you'd have to fork out a tenner more than what amazon are currently charging for Bunna 12

Last edited:
Pleased to read I'm not the only one going silly with whisk(e)y purchasing recently :lol:

I daren't add up exactly what I have spent in the last 3 months or more, all I know is it's a LOT more than I'd ever have dreamt I would this time 3 months ago...

On the plus side I now have some excellent whisk(e)y in my collection, stuff I'd always wanted but hadn't taken the plunge and bought until now.
I'm saving about £50 a week on petrol by working from home, I reckon it's just about balancing out since lockdown...maybe.

Back