Whisky

If anyone is interested in any of the Lombard bottles from McTears, the final auction begins on the 18th. I’d heartily recommend the Glen Keith 30 for £65, there’s also a decent young Speyside blend that went for £24 per bottle at the last auction and a well priced Bunna 25.
I can’t imagine this will stick around for long when it’s released
View attachment 15327
Do you know if Mctear's auction is going ahead, I can't find it?
The Bunna Staoisha is back on Whiskybroker if anyone was looking for it

Last edited:

If you like fruit salad chews you will like this. It’s so full flavoured it tires the palette. Really liked it when I first opened it but the more I have the more undecided I am about it. Probably need to leave it alone for a while.

IMG_2196.jpeg
Re Kilkerrans 20th anniversary there are going to be some 15yo single cask releases coming soon, also KK bottles are going to be added to the cage. Not enough spirit in wood for a slew of 20yo releases, albeit both festival KKs will be 20yos.
Kilkerran bottles already appearing in the cage
433531751_335542605681546_1324522749816280551_n.jpg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
An English whisky won a top malt award this year, not sure how many various "world" awards there are mind.
Ordered a bottle to try it out anyway.

World Whiskies Awards: The Top Single Malts From Around The World

The English Whisky Co has some very good whiskies but the World Whisky Awards are of no value whatsoever. The distilleries that win are sponsors of the event. You tend to find that the majority of the award winners are newer or relatively unknown distilleries as the more reputable distilleries don’t sponsor/enter these awards.

The English Whisky Co has some very good whiskies but the World Whisky Awards are of no value whatsoever. The distilleries that win are sponsors of the event. You tend to find that the majority of the award winners are newer or relatively unknown distilleries as the more reputable distilleries don’t sponsor/enter these awards.
The vast majority of awards are seemingly like this...pay for entry, pay for a big table at awards, pay for advertising in Whisky mags etc etc.

Funny enough the likes of Springbank never win these awards...they don't need to pay to enter or have a big marketing budget.

Talking English Malts it seems the craze for Bimber has lessened( even before the recent shenanigans) never had any as hype put me off but might dip toe in water at some point

Last edited:
I had an Ardberg in the Dun Cow at the weekend and it didn't taste right. I've had it a few times before and always enjoyed it. I'm not massively into my whiskys but do enjoy the odd glass

I had an Ardberg in the Dun Cow at the weekend and it didn't taste right. I've had it a few times before and always enjoyed it. I'm not massively into my whiskys but do enjoy the odd glass
Most non whisky pubs serve it in unsuitable glasses which doesn't exactly help mind...had the Ardbeg from there a few years ago( guessing the same bottle :lol: ) and can't remember owt off with it.

What they charging for a 25ml measure btw ?

Most non whisky pubs serve it in unsuitable glasses which doesn't exactly help mind...had the Ardbeg from there a few years ago( guessing the same bottle :lol: ) and can't remember owt off with it.

What they charging for a 25ml measure btw ?

I paid £16 for two large glasses. Both of us drinking it said there was something not right about it

There are some decent offers in their sale page at the moment if you’re looking to fill out an order
Got that Sirens Bay last time it was on offer...not bad.
Rumours it's a peated Tobermory but tried it alongside a few Ledaig and apart from all being peated they weren't similar to each other at all.
Peated 18 year old for £54 though 👍

I've been holding off hoping to see the Whiskybroker Bruichladdich, but I've been tempted in with this for £79:

It's £105 everywhere else, and I've thrown in a TB Lawrie's Blend, which outstanding value at £29 (43 cheapest elsewhere) for free shipping
I love their notes for that one :lol:
Williamson is a teaspooned whisky blend that is mostly peated single malt from an undisclosed distillery. On an entirely separate note, Bessie Williamson was the owner and distillery manager of Laphroaig Distillery between 1954 and 1972.

There are some decent offers in their sale page at the moment if you’re looking to fill out an order
Good shout on the Lawries blend much cheaper than anywhere else , ordered a bottle as i really enjoyed the other Thompson bros 5 and 8 year blends. Says that this Lawries blend has some 28 year old grain whisky in it.Looking forward to it arriving

Good shout on the Lawries blend much cheaper than anywhere else , ordered a bottle as i really enjoyed the other Thompson bros 5 and 8 year blends. Says that this Lawries blend has some 28 year old grain whisky in it.Looking forward to it arriving
Masterofmalt still get the 5 and 8 now and then.

Tyndrum are also a good bet, they've got the 8 in at the moment.

Got the Lawries blend…ok but the Thompson Bros bottle is miles better ( just to my palate mind)

Back