Whisky

A NAS?

pardon the ignorance. I don’t know a huge amount about whiskey apart from that I like it, a lot 😀
No Age Statement.

edit..beaten to it

its not necessarily an indicator of a young whisky and they will often put a little bit of older whisky into a younger whisky of the same type so round off the nose and tasting
but its also a symptom of a lack of forecasting....

an upsurge in demand has left holes in inventorys and NAS expression fill that gap..they have to sacrifice some of their older stock to mix with younger stock as they are short of stock in the middle bracket

Last edited:
just opened this..its outstanding, its thick, almost oily, really coats the glass, big powerful nose and smooth as owt, like a christmas pudding in a glass - non chill filtered, no additional colouring and 46%

matured only in sherry casks.

Logon or register to see this image

colour is fantastic....shows what can be done without the e150
No Bowmore Brown Bullshit needed.

Got a bottle of Jura seven woods a few months ago, canny seems to get better after the bottles been open a while.

Latest SWA ongoing....just trying to work out how much stuff goes for and potential bargains kicking about.

watching 184 bottles currently :eek:

probably like e bay where you see things going for more than you can pick in shops/online.

Latest SWA ongoing....just trying to work out how much stuff goes for and potential bargains kicking about.

watching 184 bottles currently :eek:

probably like e bay where you see things going for more than you can pick in shops/online.
Have you bought off them before?
Got a bottle of Jura seven woods a few months ago, canny seems to get better after the bottles been open a while.

Might sound daft but I've had whisky in the past where I haven't really tasted it until the last glass out the bottle. I think it might be that the rest of the time I've been expecting something or looking for something that's not there.. I dunno tbh. Did it recently with Benromach 15. I absolutely adore the 10 but felt let down by the 15, until the last glass out the bottle that is when I seemed to taste it for the first time!

Last edited:
Have you bought off them before?

Might sound daft but I've had whisky in the past where I haven't really tasted it until the last glass out the bottle. I think it might be that the rest of the time I've been expecting something or looking for something that's not there.. I dunno tbh. Did it recently with Benromach 15. I absolutely adore the 10 but felt let down by the 15, until the last glass out the bottle that is when I seemed to taste it for the first time!

no just recently registered and just trying to get to grips with bidding/watching and establishing when something is worth buying taking into account commissions and postage etc..

no just recently registered and just trying to get to grips with bidding/watching and establishing when something is worth buying taking into account commissions and postage etc..

Did encounter a couple of “old style Macallan 10’s” I was given from a mate who’s dad died. Gave me a dozen or so bottles including the Macallans.
Wasn’t aware of value and gave a bottle away to someone at work and in her words “ my David necked it in a night with his mate” :lol:

At least mine was enjoyed but knowing the price/value today might have hung onto it.

Current auction has it with a £300 reserve

Aye, I've bought off there a couple of times, my best advice is if you do decide to bid and you win an auction then pay up ASAP. When you do you normally receive your bottle/s in a couple of days. I once left it a couple of days to pay and it took a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

From my experience of the place it's just like any other auction, whereby price will rely heavily on demand. I've seen bottles go for £60 one month then £160 the next and vice versa. Some got for extortionate prices anarl... Saw a 5cl Macallan miniature go for £2,000

not a GOT fan or indeed a fan of themed malt releases...but this is the lowest I've ever seen Lagavulin.
Might be worth it for those wanting to give Lagavulin a go.

The Clynelish GOT looks tempting at £37 ish ( bottled at 51%)

I've only tried the first batch of GoT bottles but the majority of people at the tasting I attended thought they were all fairly mediocre. You're better off saving your money for potential auction or other purchases , in my opinion.

I've only tried the first batch of GoT bottles but the majority of people at the tasting I attended thought they were all fairly mediocre. You're better off saving your money for potential auction or other purchases , in my opinion.

more a heads up for someone wanting to try Lagavulin at a cheaper price...got bottles of 16 and 8 unopened so will give it a swerve.

I am watching loads at auction but starting to get the hang of where to draw the line on bids...being a bit anal I’ve knocked up a spreadsheet on £5 increments as what the total price would be ( hammer + comm+postage and VAT) so I can see what a bottle would cost.
For example I’ve seen Laphraoig 10 attracting 30 quid bids ( the normal bottling) whereas it’s widely available in shops at
£27

also keeping an eye out on The Whisky Broker for any new stuff. How often are new bottles added ?

more a heads up for someone wanting to try Lagavulin at a cheaper price...got bottles of 16 and 8 unopened so will give it a swerve.

I am watching loads at auction but starting to get the hang of where to draw the line on bids...being a bit anal I’ve knocked up a spreadsheet on £5 increments as what the total price would be ( hammer + comm+postage and VAT) so I can see what a bottle would cost.
For example I’ve seen Laphraoig 10 attracting 30 quid bids ( the normal bottling) whereas it’s widely available in shops at
£27

also keeping an eye out on The Whisky Broker for any new stuff. How often are new bottles added ?

Aye, some things go for more than retail here as even with the cost of shipping etc they’re still cheaper than they would be for someone in Canada for example. SWA ships to a lot of places UK retailers won’t.

There’s no consistency whatsoever as to when Whiskybroker release something. I’ve seen them release a dozen different whiskies in a month then not release anything for 3 months.

Last edited:

Back